Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Performance Pro - Mobile Broadband

• 12-07-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

I am looking to sign up to this service with vodafone. Has anybody got any experience with it.

It advertises speeds of up to 42MB. Obviously I wont expect that, but am wondering what the real world speeds are.

I will be using it in Clane, Kildare and Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Mostly Blanchardstown ( Office ).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Strituck wrote: »
    I am looking to sign up to this service with vodafone. Has anybody got any experience with it.

It advertises speeds of up to 42MB. Obviously I wont expect that, but am wondering what the real world speeds are.

Generally about 0 - 2/3Mbs down and 0 - 2Mb/s (yes that's zero) I've seen 4/5Mb/s down but that's pretty rare.
    That's mobile for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

bealtine wrote: »
    Generally about 0 - 2/3Mbs down and 0 - 2Mb/s (yes that's zero) I've seen 4/5Mb/s down but that's pretty rare.
    That's mobile for you...

Is that the "normal" mobile broadband or the high speed "Performance Pro" service.

Is that the "normal" mobile broadband or the high speed "Performance Pro" service.

it's an "upto" 42Mb/s service, I've no interest in marketing slogans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

bealtine wrote: »
    it's an "upto" 42Mb/s service, I've no interest in marketing slogans

Just trying to distinguish which one you were referring to.

Them speeds are shocking so.

Just trying to distinguish which one you were referring to.

Them speeds are shocking so.

You can call it "high speed performance pro and paint your kitchen when you're at work" still doesn't change the fact that it's HSPDA and in this case probably the release 8 variant.

Look I've a high speed go faster than yours with stripes Morris Minor isn't it great

but it's still a Morris Minor.

Too many technical variables mean you can never get anything like the headline speeds touted, it depends on how near you are to the mast (inverse square law), how many people are using it at the same time as you and more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How do they justify the extra €10 per month over performance plus?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/internet-and-broadband/mobile-broadband/device-details/performance-pro-broadband-bill-pay

"Only in certain areas"

Advertisement