Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Wheel in Salthill?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi all
    Anyone know if the big wheel is up and running at the Salthill funfair these days?
    Mite bring the kids over later, but that's the highlight for them and it wasn't there last time we made the trek!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Cool, thanks for the update!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Better bring a few bob with you. It's not cheap if I recall.

Yer right there, don't think there was much (if any) change of a €20 last time 3 of us went on it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kittywake

It's €3 per adult- not sure if kids are less- and it went around 3 times when we were on it Monday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Leisureland rides are ridiculously expensive. Salthill is thronged these days and yet the rides are pretty much empty. Great to see people not forking out with crap quality (Wild mouse!!!). Anything more than a euro a go is rip off. My favourite last year was the carousel. If you want to stand with your small child and hold them while they are on the horse, you have to pay too. €6 please? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I kissed my girlfriend for the first time at the peak/top of that wheel. Awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

It's no more expensive than any other fairground. I brought my son on bumpers and on waltzer a few days ago. It was no different than any other fun-fair on the same site over the last few decades.

Whatever about the prices, I'm disappointed that nobody has resurfaced the whole place. There's a few too many health & safety issues which need to addressed such as the hap hazard building blocks and bits of wood which are used to keep the mini roller coaster from falling over or the loose stones and potholes that are all over the place.

Nothing €5k wouldn't solve and it would keep it neat for years. I don't mean to flippant when I throw out a figure like five grand but an insurance claim and bad publicity could be more costly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Kittywake wrote: »
    It's €3 per adult- not sure if kids are less- and it went around 3 times when we were on it Monday evening.

That's not so bad, I'm fairly sure I paid a fiver a head a few yeas ago.

CrinkElite wrote: »
    That's not so bad, I'm fairly sure I paid a fiver a head a few yeas ago.

same as that, they must've reduced the price, don't think there was ever much of a queue anytime before so that could explain the reduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

biko wrote: »

awww....!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Paddyfield wrote: »
    It's no more expensive than any other fairground. I brought my son on bumpers and on waltzer a few days ago. It was no different than any other fun-fair on the same site over the last few decades.

I'm not too sure there. When Funderland was in the docks a few weeks/months ago, there was a deal for €20 pp for three hours; once you paid in there was no further charge for any rides no matter how many/how often you went on. You could drop more than that in about half an hour at Leisureland from my experience (granted, it's been a couple of years since I was there).

Fair enough, you said "on the same site". But it always struck me as expensive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

biko wrote: »

tmi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Eeden wrote: »
    I'm not too sure there. When Funderland was in the docks a few weeks/months ago, there was a deal for €20 pp for three hours; once you paid in there was no further charge for any rides no matter how many/how often you went on. You could drop more than that in about half an hour at Leisureland from my experience (granted, it's been a couple of years since I was there).

Fair enough, you said "on the same site". But it always struck me as expensive.

Last year you could buy an armband at Leisureland and there were no further charges for the rides. I presume it's the same this year.

Well we made it to Salthill today alrite, well worth the visit. Car was reading 25c, sun was splitting the rocks.
    Big wheel was €3 per person, same for adults & kids, and goes around 3 times as Kitty said earlier. Not bad I suppose, wasn't too busy all the same, and the promenade was packed.

Advertisement