Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Trading cards

• 12-07-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I got a few of them in the sale and I don't know what to do with them, I know you can sell them but I doubt that many would buy them, can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You can trade them with others or sell them.
    You can get 3-4 drops per game...so....example

You play Team Fortress 2 for a few hours, you can get 3 cards .
    But, if you manage to get all 9 cards...via trading/purchasing ...you can then craft a "badge"
    This badge, gives you XP, and the more XP you get the higher your "Steam lvl" goes up

And that's all there is to it, it's cosmetic for your STEAM profile and E-Peen , there is no practical use other than to encourage people to waste money on trading and buying cards (for which STEAM takes a percentage of all transactions)

It started off with 3-4 games only having cards/badges, but they have just kept on adding and adding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

If you sell them cheap enough someone will buy them.

You'll get more if you

one for every €10 you spend in the sale
    randomly if you vote in the Community choice (I got one a few minutes ago)
    one when you craft a badge for another game

As for what you can do with them

Ignore them
    Sell them on the market
    Spend time/money on getting a full set and craft a badge for your profile/get profile wallpaper/emoticon's
    Do the above and get the highest level badge you can and hope it's part of an ARG or something bigger

Sorry, thought you meant the summer sale specific trading cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Thanks guys, any idea how much to sell them? I doubt many people are looking for the bloody football manager card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

go to your inventory, select an item/card and click sell on the right side.
    It'll bring up a graph on what the average price is, and how much the last one sold for, that'll give you a good idea of how much to ask for.

Advertisement