Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality in Renville, Oranmore

Options
  • 12-07-2013 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I've heard mixed reports on the quality of the water near Renville pier for swimming. I've seen lots of people swimming there over the last week.

Does anybody know if the water is "clean" there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I don't know what it's like nowadays, but we all swam there when I was younger because it was cleaner than the village of Oran (believe it or not but we used to swim at Oranmore Castle!)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

There are handful of people that swim there every single day of the year and they look pretty healthy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Greaney wrote: »
    we used to swim at Oranmore Castle!

Jaysus, the crabs would have your toes off if you tried to do that now... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Ha ha, we went crab fishing there too.... ah the idyllic childhood:rolleyes:

Advertisement