Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds dumbest use for a firearm?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

And this years canditate for the Darwin award in Law enforcement firearms accident category goes to...:eek::eek::eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Well if its unloaded it can be hand for a seat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Instant colostomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

I sure hope there not another 8" to that barrel we can't see...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it goes off it will blow his brains out. :D

Get it ......................

/ i'll get me coat.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Wait till you see this guy his gun dosent go off so what do you think he does :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbcbKN5JE8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

1shot16 wrote: »
    Wait till you see this guy his gun dosent go off so what do you think he does :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbcbKN5JE8

Thats like something you'd see homer simpson doing and never believe someone would do it in real life :rolleyes:. If that shot had been a couple of inches lower a village would be missing their idiot.

rowa wrote: »
    Thats like something you'd see homer simpson doing and never believe someone would do it in real life :rolleyes:. If that shot had been a couple of inches lower a village would be missing their idiot.

Fair lucky he shows his hat wit the hole in it would of blown his brains out or what ever he has in his head instead of brains :P

Thats not even the worst ive seen some girls on a bike firing a shotgun falls off and nearly shoots herself now thats something ud see it the simpsons.Who lets these people have guns :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    And this years canditate for the Darwin award in Law enforcement firearms accident category goes to...

South African Police are not the best and brightest I'm afraid :pac:

On the upside there are lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

That's only the stuff we get to see. Imagine the dumb stuff done when there's no camera around.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbcbKN5JE8[/QUOTE]

YIKES!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

What the ---- did he think he would see by looking down a long barrel?? Looks like a hangfire? Always wait at least 30 sec or more if you get a click - and FTF (unless you are in an ambush).

There's one a little worse than that out there, a major brain cramp by someone in law enforcement, (he didn't get killed) but its potentially politically incorrect, and happened in a much, much worse setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

EWQuinn wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbcbKN5JE8[/QUOTE]

YIKES!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

What the ---- did he think he would see by looking down a long barrel?? Looks like a hangfire? Always wait at least 30 sec or more if you get a click - and FTF (unless you are in an ambush).

There's one a little worse than that out there, a major brain cramp by someone in law enforcement, (he didn't get killed) but its potentially politically incorrect, and happened in a much, much worse setting.

Any links to it.

Hats off to him all the same. So lucky the gun was on the ground so rather than it kicking back it couldn't and the butt moved a couple of inches in a direction and changed the angle of the barrel.

I will PM you, I don't want to be the one to post it here :)

I will PM you, I don't want to be the one to post it here :)

Is it the one with the officer in the school,

"I'm the only one professional enough to carry this glock 40"

BANG SHOOTS HIMSELF

Fairplay he carried on!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And had the audacity to sue his dept for negligence in his training as well.:eek::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

And had the audacity to sue his dept for negligence in his training as well.:eek::rolleyes:

feck sake excuses! He shouldn't have ammunition on him in a school ,in the magazine and especially in the gun :rolleyes: He even says this is a unloaded weapon check at least once never mind twice!!!

He continues and then picks up the ar15 and everyone in the room is screaming... but its okay as hes professionally trained :rolleyes:

"He continues and then picks up the ar15 and everyone in the room is screaming... but its okay as hes professionally trained"

I figured you guys would guess it, the DEA's version of Barney Fife. Except that Barney only shot the bookcase or the floor in the courthouse.

Yes, its what happened after the "shooting incident" both near term and long term that is as astounding as the blunder itself. One he has a wounded foot, but goes to use the shooting as part of the "safety briefing", then further, goes on to pick up the show & tell assault weapon and limp around with it. The last move scared the ---- out of the class and the teachers, them thinking the rifle might go off next. Finally the whole thing turned into a ludicrous lawsuit.

One shot on kill: "Hats off to him all the same."

LOL, that was a good one! 2 more inches and it was heads off. He somehow pushed the barrel forward a bit just before the cook off, just in time to save his life.

feck sake excuses! He shouldn't have ammunition on him in a school ,in the magazine and especially in the gun :rolleyes: He even says this is a unloaded weapon check at least once never mind twice!!!

He continues and then picks up the ar15 and everyone in the room is screaming... but its okay as hes professionally trained :rolleyes:

You ,me and anyone else would be screaming too,and hitting the deck if we saw a totally "professionally trained " klutz like that picking up another firearm after shooting himself in the foot with the first one.
    How was he going to check that the M4 was safe???Do a "Bagdad check?"[ Point muzzle at 90 degrees and pull the trigger,until the mag is empty,if nothing happens,disengage saftey and repeat steps 1&2].

Then they are worried about teachers having access to guns in the schools over in case of a mass shooting??Just hope the firearms saftey training they are getting is alot better than what the DEA is giving their agents!!:rolleyes:

You ,me and anyone else would be screaming too,and hitting the deck if we saw a totally "professionally trained " klutz like that picking up another firearm after shooting himself in the foot with the first one.
    How was he going to check that the M4 was safe???Do a "Bagdad check?"[ Point muzzle at 90 degrees and pull the trigger,until the mag is empty,if nothing happens,disengage saftey and repeat steps 1&2].

Then they are worried about teachers having access to guns in the schools over in case of a mass shooting??Just hope the firearms saftey training they are getting is alot better than what the DEA is giving their agents!!:rolleyes:

Now now, just because he was a tool on that day at that time doesn't mean all of the DEA are.

That's like saying just because one hunter shot himself in the foot with a shotgun all hunters are absolute dopes with no training or discipline.

:)

He wouldn't be even capable of doing that to be honest!I wouldnt even give him a watergun :P

• Advertisement

His lawsuit was for the agency releasing the video, supposedly violating his privacy. It was lost on appeal. Apparently he remained with agency from what I can tell, so can't feel too sorry for him.

He was featured on Fox's Bill OReilly in '06 who questioned the wisdom of the lawsuit but game him praise for service to his country (he did undercover work).

It was in front of a junior golf club or something like that, supposedly his own kids were in the front row. Gun safety can never be taken for granted, especially on camera, w/every gun treated as loaded. Never heard why he pulled the trigger. The bullet went into the leg, but was diverted from femural artery by something in his pocket. Apparenty there were jacket fragments spread round, luckily none hitting anyone.

All joking aside it is a stark reminder that complacency can kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

bravestar wrote: »
    All joking aside it is a stark reminder that complacency can kill.

And stupidity even quicker.....I wouldn't rate some of that stuff as complacency; to me complacency for a professional is something like checking a gun is empty but neglecting to do a full function check.

bravestar wrote: »
    Now now, just because he was a tool on that day at that time doesn't mean all of the DEA are.

That's like saying just because one hunter shot himself in the foot with a shotgun all hunters are absolute dopes with no training or discipline.

:)

Far be me to critize the DEA training, and I am not or was implying such,but one has to wonder how did a guy like that get qualified to use a firearm let alone become a DEA agent?Thing that got me was this guys ego problem,in his statement "I am the only one qualified and trained to use this pistol in this room."BANG!!!
    Not a good trait in undercover work,especially when dealing with narcotics ,or gun saftey.:)
    His lawsuit was for the agency releasing the video, supposedly violating his privacy. It was lost on appeal. Apparently he remained with agency from what I can tell, so can't feel too sorry for him.

Thats already a bit of a joke,it wasnt like he shot himself in his house.
    It was in a public place and event,at an offically sponsored by his dept event.
    He is still with the dept...Hopefully on a permanent desk job.:p

He was featured on Fox's Bill OReilly in '06 who questioned the wisdom of the lawsuit but game him praise for service to his country (he did undercover work).

I guess Andy Warhol was right.Everyone is famous for ten and infamous for fifteen minutes.:PWhich is which in this guys case..

Trouble is with my fellow Americans we give praise too much about service to our country that after awhile it becomes meaningless and genuine heroic people and events become diluted by banal events and people.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ewquinn I got that link thanks.

I am a trained professional "BANG"

Ha ha ha. Very lucky man all the same the most sucking part for me was his partner was going to/gave him the ar15. That to me shows to incompitant dea agents.

They should send a paddy over to teach them Murphy's law they obviously don't know it. Or he didn't anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Why is it politically incorrect to show this video? Because the DEA agent is black?

Would it be politically correct to show it if there was a white guy in the video?

BattleCorp, back when it first happened it made the rounds. When I sent it to some, a couple of them found it offensive for some reason, I guess that reason. I agree with you, its just a DEA agent showing incompetence, race has nothing to do with it.

There was an incident here recently where a police firearms instructor had a discharge in a classroom, peppered some students with copper jacket. So unfortunately this stuff happens though it shouldnt. (No video of that one that I know of.)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Why is it politically incorrect to show this video? Because the DEA agent is black?

Would it be politically correct to show it if there was a white guy in the video?

oh dear...Well lets let another angry white Irish guy sum up the feelings of PC nes gone mad.

Be warned proably somebody will be offended...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

is the video available online?

• Advertisement

oh dear...Well lets let another angry white Irish guy sum up the feelings of PC nes gone mad.

Be warned proably somebody will be offended...:rolleyes:

Nice one Grizz :D

Advertisement