Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weedkiller

Options
  • 12-07-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know a place in Gorey that i could pick up some weedkiller please? Had some trees removed recently from the back garden and need to kill the weeds growing asap, nettles, stuff growing from the tree stumps etc.

Please and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

RAFA B wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know a place in Gorey that i could pick up some weedkiller please? Had some trees removed recently from the back garden and need to kill the weeds growing asap, nettles, stuff growing from the tree stumps etc.

Please and thanks.
    Probably a mistake to have the trees removed and not have the stumps ground out, especially ash or willow.
    I would try Gardiner Grain in Millands, down the road beside Tesco if you want larger quantities. You don't say if you want a selective weedkiller or if you just want a "kill all". Verdone is quite good as a selective weedkiller but expensive and I'm not sure it's available in large quantities, Gallup 180 or it's equivalent for a "kill all" and STB Brushwood Killer or Root Out for the stumps, you will needs to drill holes in the stumps and pour it in sealing the holes afterwards and it takes a lonnnnng time. If it's just small quantities you want and money's no object any hardware or garden centre, even Supermarkets will supply Roundup.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

bmaxi wrote: »
    Probably a mistake to have the trees removed and not have the stumps ground out, especially ash or willow.
    I would try Gardiner Grain in Millands, down the road beside Tesco if you want larger quantities. You don't say if you want a selective weedkiller or if you just want a "kill all". Verdone is quite good as a selective weedkiller but expensive and I'm not sure it's available in large quantities, Gallup 180 or it's equivalent for a "kill all" and STB Brushwood Killer or Root Out for the stumps, you will needs to drill holes in the stumps and pour it in sealing the holes afterwards and it takes a lonnnnng time. If it's just small quantities you want and money's no object any hardware or garden centre, even Supermarkets will supply Roundup.

Grand thanks a lot. Going to paint the stumps to stop them growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Personally I find agricultural shops supplying farmers to be very competitive. 5 litres of Roundup can vary hughly in price from 40 - 50 or even €70 for Roundup Bio. So my advice is shop around.
    As a 1 litre Roundup costs €24 -30, I tend to buy the 5 litre bottle as its better value for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Gallup or Touchdown will do the same job as Roundup but they are much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

5 litres of Rosate is 32 euro at the co-op, as good as roundup and it is concentrate so will do lots of areas plus your tree stumps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    5 litres of Rosate is 32 euro at the co-op, as good as roundup and it is concentrate so will do lots of areas plus your tree stumps

Any idea if there is a co-op in the Wicklow area, Bray, Greystones etc please?

Advertisement