Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big sized runners for the South East

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

Heathers in dublin for best selection of big shoes.

http://bigshoes.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I feel your pain and I'm only a size 12. In Waterford there is such a lack of choice even for my size. Shops do stock size 12's but don't carry many and when I go in they are usually gone. Also for my type of foot nike seen to be the best.

It gets really frustrating and I end up ordering them online from the UK. But on occasion I would travel to kilarney to the Nike store there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

madfcuker wrote: »
    I feel your pain and I'm only a size 12. In Waterford there is such a lack of choice even for my size. Shops do stock size 12's but don't carry many and when I go in they are usually gone. Also for my type of foot nike seen to be the best.

It gets really frustrating and I end up ordering them online from the UK. But on occasion I would travel to kilarney to the Nike store there.

Where online? please post a site?

deadybai wrote: »
    Where online? please post a site?

Sportsdirect.com is one I have used. And sometimes if you keep an eye on bargain alerts you can find discount codes.

madfcuker wrote: »
    Sportsdirect.com is one I have used. And sometimes if you keep an eye on bargain alerts you can find discount codes.

Thank You! I remember a while back I bought of the internet and when the shoes arrived they were cheap rip offs and they didn't even fit me.

I tend to steer away from buying online since.

• Advertisement

Thank You! I remember a while back I bought of the internet and when the shoes arrived they were cheap rip offs and they didn't even fit me.

I tend to steer away from buying online since.

I know what you mean alright. Get the shoe to fit is the major problem, but over time I have discovered if I keep buying the same style of shoe from the same manufacture the sizes don't change. Like I did buy adidas online size 12 and my foot my lost in them hence I have stuck with the same brand.

I have bought many things from sportsdirect with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Boyfriend is a size 13 aswell and after asking around everywhere in Waterford, haven't found a place that sells them yet.

+1 for Sportsdirect, good prices and sizes!

CuriousG wrote: »
    Boyfriend is a size 13 aswell and after asking around everywhere in Waterford, haven't found a place that sells them yet.

+1 for Sportsdirect, good prices and sizes!

pity theres not more big sizes in there. they must be snatched up within seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

ive often seen size 13 in TK Maxx then again restricted on styles might only be 2 or 3 types there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

DaveJac wrote: »
    ive often seen size 13 in TK Maxx then again restricted on styles might only be 2 or 3 types there

Was just going to say the same... pretty sure I've seen bigger sizes in TK Maxx before.

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Was just going to say the same... pretty sure I've seen bigger sizes in TK Maxx before.

yeah I got some in tk maxx a while. I usually go in there for a google. Their selection isn't great. Some really ugly ones to be found. I go in there quite often so I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Did you try the sports outlet place in Red Square? They have various sizes, good value too

Did you try the sports outlet place in Red Square? They have various sizes, good value too

Do you mean Sportssavers outside city square opposite dunnes? or what other one do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try http://www.eastbay.com

also look online for money off coupon codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meanys-Shoes/119817121366701

Meanys in Carrick do up to Size 15 I think. One of the lads is a size 14 and swears by them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I know you might be looking for a bricks and mortar shop but schuh.ie is a great site to buy from and they seem to have a good selection in your size - you can filter by it on the left hand side.

Do you mean Sportssavers outside city square opposite dunnes? or what other one do you mean?

Sorry for not posting sooner, enjoying the Sun while it lasts. :) No, there is a sports shoe outlet place in Red Square, I think it is beside where Lifestyle used to be, or across from where Lifestyle is now. I got a good pair of size 12's Nike's there a few weeks ago for less than half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Sorry for not posting sooner, enjoying the Sun while it lasts. :) No, there is a sports shoe outlet place in Red Square, I think it is beside where Lifestyle used to be, or across from where Lifestyle is now. I got a good pair of size 12's Nike's there a few weeks ago for less than half price.

I think that is the Sports Savers outlet. It's basically where they put all their stock that they can't fit in the main store opposite Burger King. It's not hugely signposted as I'm not sure if its a long term thing.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I think that is the Sports Savers outlet. It's basically where they put all their stock that they can't fit in the main store opposite Burger King. It's not hugely signposted as I'm not sure if its a long term thing.

The day I was in it, there were some good bargain's in there

Advertisement