Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why 2 estates excluded from getting efibre?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

I am living in Rochestown (Douglas exchange) in Cork. When I enter Thornbury in the address search on the eircom website, one house in Thornbury Heights and one house in Thornbury View appears. The other couple of hundred are missing. The 2 listed houses are in the middle of the estates so I find it hard to believe they are connected to a different cabinet than the rest of the estates. In fact all the cabinets are enabled so that is not the issue..I know they are from just talking to someone in eircom who acknowledged that something appears to be amiss but when he transferred me to the efibre team I was back to talking to the wall again.

It is also unlikely that the whole of the 2 estates are outside the 1km limit when 2 houses in the middle are ok...or is this somehow possible

Is this possibly a database glitch and if so is it possible to get it sorted out so people in those estates can actually order efibre?

Or can I find out if there is no hope of ever getting it due to some wierd and wonderful cable routing which results in the whole estates being over the 1km limit (other than the lucky 2). All the estates surrounding them by the way show up as fully available also by the way. 

Sorry for the rant, but getting an answer out of eircom on the phone has proved impossible as the efibre sales team appear to simply search on the net as I can do from here and tell me my phone line is not enabled. They simply repeat the scripted lines to me when I explain the "issue".

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ludo wrote: »
    I am living in Rochestown (Douglas exchange) in Cork. When I enter Thornbury in the address search on the eircom website, one house in Thornbury Heights and one house in Thornbury View appears. The other couple of hundred are missing. The 2 listed houses are in the middle of the estates so I find it hard to believe they are connected to a different cabinet than the rest of the estates. In fact all the cabinets are enabled so that is not the issue..I know they are from just talking to someone in eircom who acknowledged that something appears to be amiss but when he transferred me to the efibre team I was back to talking to the wall again.

It is also unlikely that the whole of the 2 estates are outside the 1km limit when 2 houses in the middle are ok...or is this somehow possible

Is this possibly a database glitch and if so is it possible to get it sorted out so people in those estates can actually order efibre?

Or can I find out if there is no hope of ever getting it due to some wierd and wonderful cable routing which results in the whole estates being over the 1km limit (other than the lucky 2). All the estates surrounding them by the way show up as fully available also by the way. 

Sorry for the rant, but getting an answer out of eircom on the phone has proved impossible as the efibre sales team appear to simply search on the net as I can do from here and tell me my phone line is not enabled. They simply repeat the scripted lines to me when I explain the "issue".

Thanks a lot.

Hi Ludo

Works are continually ongoing to rollout efibre to as many lines withinenabled areas and this may be that a cabinet needs to be upgraded to offer efibre to the area you have questioned.

We are unable to offer details of such works an planning process but if youwould like to PM me your landline number I'll do my best to look into this and obtain more info.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement