Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye on the SU

Options
  • 12-07-2013 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

I thought I'd start this thread to help the student body at large keep the proverbial eye on the SU and its activities. It's only a few years since one of its former presidents sold the arse out of it and robbed the CSC.

So keep us abreast of the comings and goings of the sabbatical team , good and bad.

I saw them earlier this week taking photos for the website or magazine or something and it was typical rockett horse playing around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

^ I'm sure this will be an unbiased and fair thread..

Why not call in to the new team and see what they have to say? They should be a pretty effective bunch of people this year by comparison with the era mentioned above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Imperial_Ldn

i have done so i've met them all, seem like charming people.

does that make them effective politicians ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Best to reserve judgement for the next year. Although there are certain aspects of the SU that haven't and won't change anytime soon, and it really bugs me. Most students are alienated by it as an establishment.

Seems like the OP is a duplicate account with a known axe to grind against UL and the SU.

Anyway - I wish the new sabbat team all the best with the year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

normally this thread doesn't kick off until october

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Popoutman wrote: »
    Seems like the OP is a duplicate account with a known axe to grind against UL and the SU.

Anyway - I wish the new sabbat team all the best with the year ahead.
    I know who it is. While I think it's great to be critical of these people, the person who keeps doing this strikes me as having an unhealthy obsession. At least be obsessed with something worth being obsessed about!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Do they Officers of the Union declare all benefits in kind.

For example their free membership to the UL gym, free concert tickets and also free vouchers from local Limerick pubs including the Stables?

^ Very interesting post history by this poster..

Suspicious. I smell a grinding axe again.

I'll ask the new exec officers if they do in fact get anything like what is suggested above, and then I'll decide if there's a need to continue this thread.
    Tbh I'm not bothered if they do. C&S do get a lot of sponsorship both in reductions and facilitation from both the Sports arena (which I helped to pay for as did a lot of UL students..) and the on-campus clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Popoutman wrote: »
    ^ Very interesting post history by this poster..

Suspicious. I smell a grinding axe again.

I'll ask the new exec officers if they do in fact get anything like what is suggested above, and then I'll decide if there's a need to continue this thread.
    Tbh I'm not bothered if they do. C&S do get a lot of sponsorship both in reductions and facilitation from both the Sports arena (which I helped to pay for as did a lot of UL students..) and the on-campus clubs.

Your silence is deafening! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Your silence is deafening! :eek:

hF56617D7

• Advertisement
Advertisement