Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What beauty product can you NOT live without.

• 12-07-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

As the title suggests!

If you were only allowed one beauty product in your life... what would it be?

For me it would have to be Diorshow Mascara.

I live by the stuff even if i've no foundation or anything on i always feel better with a bit of mascara. And the Diorshow stuff is brilliant nice big applicator brush!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Clinique moisturising facial spray these days!
    Usually Clinique moisture surge moisturiser. V dry skin so make up would be wasted on me without it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I'd be very similar, it's got to be mascara. It's the only thing I will always put on before leaving the house. I have super fair eyelashes so my eyes look tiny without it.

I don't have much of a preference for types of mascara, they all seem to do a very similar job for me. I always end up with loads of different ones from gift sets the come with multiple purchases and the like so rarely buy any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner - usually in dark brown for day and black for night. My eyes are quite large and I think they look weird without liner! :pac:

The gel doesn't budge for hours and depending on how I apply it, I can do a sharp precise look or a smokey eye. Tightlining it makes my lashes look fuller too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A good bronzer for contouring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour moisturiser with SPF 15. Amazing product.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour moisturiser with SPF 15. Amazing product.

I have the 8 Hour Cream, I was surprised by the texture of it.. it's more a jelly than a cream... great for dry skin all the same.

My 'must have' would be my mascara too... Too Faced Lash Injection.. it's the mutts nuts! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Impossible for me to pick just one :(

Probably a medium-high coverage foundation. I've bad skin (combo-oily, acne prone with loads of lovely redness and scarring). If my skin looks good, I feel a whole lot better :)

Thankfully I was blessed with dark long lashes, so mascara (while I still love it to pieces and wouldn't leave the house without it on, unless I was exercising) would probably come a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens and this is the only physical one that doesn't make me look like I've rubbed sudocrem on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My fuschia brow kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Do tweezers count. Definitely could live without anything but them!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My urban decay brow box, obsessed with my brows lately. Totally frame your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

My Superfish hair glue, we are a match made in heaven <3 , tell your brothers or boyfriends to get it and watch Irelands hair get better over night :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

xzanti wrote: »
    I have the 8 Hour Cream, I was surprised by the texture of it.. it's more a jelly than a cream... great for dry skin all the same.

Hey-no its not the 8 hour cream itself (which is fantastic also). Its the moisturiser :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Makeup: shavata brow perfector. it allows me to mix three creams together to get the right shade, night or day and turns to powder brushed through the brow. it lasts ages and you know its a good result when people who know well actually ask you what it is.

close second is laura mercier secret camouflage concealers. its a cream that sets dry, lasts so well.

Skin care wise: Emma Hardie cleansing balm. I've noticed such a change in only a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Surprised the thread has gotten this far without a mention of Vaseline.
    It is defo a beauty essential for me- eases chapped lips, smooths eyebrows, strengthens nails, works as a clear mascara and intensive moisturiser on hard skin. I love it! And the rose one is a great tinted lipbalm that gives a bit of a made up look without trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

must try the emma hardie cleansing balm it gets great reviews. One thing is hard since its summer time i'm going to say egypt wonder bronzer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Quite honestly, I could not live without Carmex. I know that is totally boring, but I am addicted to the stuff.

If I could just have Carmex and had to pick something else, it would be between Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer, Urban Decay's Naked Palette (1), NARS Laguna bronzer or a NARS blusher. Yeah, I might need all of those...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

lisa_eire wrote: »
    must try the emma hardie cleansing balm it gets great reviews.

I was skeptical wondering if it was just hype but my skin feels incredible after each use. Its pricy but a little goes a long way and because of the texture you can use it to massage your face and neck or leave it on for ten minutes as a mini mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Foundation/tinted moisturiser and blistex lip balm.

I have some redness on my face and scarring from acne, so I feel better when I have foundation or tinted moisturiser to to even out my skin.

My lips also get dry, chapped and sore so I use Blistex all the time to keep them soft, moisurised and to stop them chapping/cracking, been using it for years and wouldn't consider using anything else now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Bobbi Brown Corrector for under eyes: My absolute favourite. I repurchased it, which says a lot, as I'd like to experiment with different stuff.

Collection concealer for blemishes, redness, etc.: Another repurchased gem. Love it.

If I have to hurry and only have 30 seconds for make-up, this would be it for me actually. But if I have more time:

Mascara: Don't have an HG. But it is almost always a must for me. I'll skip liner and/or shadow but not mascara.

Lip balm: As a lip balm addict with very dry lips, I have around a thousand lip balms. The absolute favourite is vaseline. I'd be lost without vaseline. Actually;

Vaseline: Besides being an excellent lip balm, this was my saviour when I was having severe skin allergies. During the early stages, when I couldn't even use LRP Cicaplast or Avene Skin Recovery Cream, this was the only thing I could use on my face. It acted as a barrier, giving it a better chance to heal itself. I only used water and vaseline during that initial painful period. And no, my skin tolerates it with no breakouts. I use mineral oil to remove make-up with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Definitely collection concealer, Ive terribly grey/purple and slightly red skin around my eyes and few things cover it like this! Also great for the odd spot.

If I could by chance smuggle another 2 it would certainly be carmex(LOVE the vanilla version) and any "not-intense" black eyeliner for daytime wear!

Id be content with those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitschy_Cat

Definitely my Rimmel black liquid eyeliner. They have a waterproof one out now that's quite good, handy for swimming at the beach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Just the one then.....

It would have to be estee lauders daywear tinted moisturiser. Gives you that lovely soft glow like you have had a good nights sleep and just come back from a walk on the beach. I've loads of other "hero" products but this is the only one I couldn't live without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Absolutely can't go without mascara. My eyelashes are so light, I always feel better to have that bit of definition. Also foundation to even out my skin (acne scarring, it's no fun!).

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Quality wrote: »
    My fuschia brow kit

Same here, I had thought about getting HD brows but I much prefer natural with this kit
    NYC Curl mascara as well

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I am now in love with Joico hair products. I recently bleached my hair so it is very dry. This stuff is a miracle worker and also smells so good you want to eat it. I'm like one of dem wans out of the hair ads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

My Dior eye brow pencil. It rocks! No other eyebrow product ever does as good a job as this baby.

Advertisement