Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 2 different email domains on outlook

Options
  • 12-07-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I currently use one domain on outlook but will need to be able to use 2 from next week.

I want to be able to send from the new domain and exsisting whenever I need too. I also want all incoming mail from the new domain to go to its own folder.

Is this easy to do or do I need another program. Im using Outlook 2007 by the way,.

thanks

rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

No problem at all, you can manage as many email accounts as you want in Outlook.

Outlook can automatically move mails to a specified folder... manage email messages by using rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Use Thunderbird e-mail client, everything in one place, I use it for my Hotmail, Outlook and G-Mail accounts, it will receive/send from any account.
    Outlook will be stopping the logging in from one account soon, I'm sure you are aware, but you can get everything forwarded to one inbox if you don't want to use a client, or are using another computer. I do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Outlook will be stopping the logging in from one account

What exactly do you mean by that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Well I have three Microsoft e-mail accounts 2 x Hotmail and 1 x Outlook. At the moment I can log into one of them and from there I can switch accounts without logging out, so I only need one password once it is set up.
    Outlook will stop this service soon forcing me (and anyone else) to log out of one and log in separately to each. It is possible, however, to have all your Microsoft e-mails forwarded to any Outlook inbox, as long as you actually log into the others once a year to keep the accounts alive.
    They sent everyone (with an Outlook/Hotmail address) an e-mail outlining this a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

excollier wrote: »
    Well I have three Microsoft e-mail accounts 2 x Hotmail and 1 x Outlook. At the moment I can log into one of them and from there I can switch accounts without logging out, so I only need one password once it is set up.
    Outlook will stop this service soon forcing me (and anyone else) to log out of one and log in separately to each. It is possible, however, to have all your Microsoft e-mails forwarded to any Outlook inbox, as long as you actually log into the others once a year to keep the accounts alive.
    They sent everyone (with an Outlook/Hotmail address) an e-mail outlining this a couple of weeks ago.

Oh right, you are referring to using your accounts via the Web interface though, right? I'm more interested in using an installed email client such as Office Outlook for multiple accounts.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Try Thunderbird for non Microsoft e-mail....no NSA snooping.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Rob,
    It is totally depends on your choice. However, Outlook provides the facility to manage different domain accounts by enabling appropriate rules. If you still confused with your decision then take the help Microsoft tech support’s advice.

Regards:
    Jane

Advertisement