Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the flags up

• 12-07-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Folks, I travelled a good cross section of Co. Limk. to day, and one would hardly know you are in the munster final ,

get the flag and banners up and give your players some encouragment

and good luck BTW (from a nuetral)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What are Limerick playing? Bog ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Beer Baron wrote: »

Hey Beer Baron, perhaps you might enlighten me, what's Bog Ball?

jbkenn wrote: »
    Hey Beer Baron, perhaps you might enlighten me, what's Bog Ball?

Some class of sport that people chewing turf play. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Stick fighting this week.

Up the rebels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Some class of sport that people chewing turf play. :D

Aah.. that explains it, always wondered what those Dublin twat's were on about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

????

seachto7 wrote: »
    ????

Could be soccer, hurling or Gaelic football or any number of sports. I really have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

What road did you travel OP?

Plenty flags where I am. Up Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Anyone know where the bandwagon will be parked tomorrow i was thinking of jumping on it for the day;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Could be soccer, hurling or Gaelic football or any number of sports. I really have no idea.

Or golf or rugby or tennis

• Advertisement

Anyone know where the bandwagon will be parked tomorrow i was thinking of jumping on it for the day;)

Ask the girl on my FB page who checked into smyths bar earlier saying "Match day! Come on Limerick!". I think she's driving the band wagon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Should be a good weekend for the city anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Worth €10m to the city at least which should cover the cost of the Monorail. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

It should be great day tomorrow and there's going to be great fun and banter around town.Please god Cork will win so it looks like Limerick will have to go through the backdoor!Rebels abu and here's to a great game of hurling it's great to see Limerick getting excited about hurling again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

jomoloney wrote: »
    Folks, I travelled a good cross section of Co. Limk. to day, and one would hardly know you are in the munster final ,

get the flag and banners up and give your players some encouragment

and good luck BTW (from a nuetral)
    Would love to know what road you travelled. Came through Ballingarry last evening, place is covered with flags and bunting - as you would expect being the home village of the captain. Onto the N21 through Croagh and Adare - saw loads of flags and good luck signs en route. And plenty in the city too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

i was mostly on bye roads along the LK/TS border into WD and south LK/C

Remember this day! Raging I didn't go to the Gaelic grounds today

Well done to Limerick and John Allen.Ye were by far the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Hope this isn't too band-wagonny but I must say a huge congratulations to the fans and all the people involved with and invested in today :)

I spent time this morning photographing some of the posters and art that has been put up around my village to encourage and celebrate the teams today.

I tuned in to the last minute or so of the match and watched the pitch invasion and the speeches. Dónal O'Grady was very eloquent and moving and the joy was infectious. The weather, the adrenalin and of course the rashered fans all just looked so overjoyed and I suppose the only reason that means something to me is that they are fellow Limrockers.

I won't be posting any false congratulations on my Facebook page or pretending that I had in any way anything to do with today's result but I will enjoy going out in my village which I've seen grow quieter and quieter in the last few years. I'll go out and have a few pints and share the celebration even though I may be celebrating the life and joy of the win rather than the win itself.

Luimneach abú! <
    How's that for band-wagonny :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

While I'm more of a football fan, I'm delighted to see the hurlers win today. There was a great atmosphere in the Gaelic grounds, and the pitch invasion was brilliant. Between the pig and porter yesterday, and the match today, it's been super weekend in Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Brilliant to see Limerick so vibrant. Hopefully no one has to go to AE tonight. I've seem 3 ambulances today picking up passed out fans. The third just now outside my apartment window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

not everybody is interested in GAA... hence not everyone puts flags out.hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Cork would have won if they had 15 on the pitch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

shamrock55 wrote: »

thanks for that insight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Or if they hadn't had 15+ wides... LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

and The Lions would have won by more if BOD was on the pitch...

or something.

No guarantees anywhere in life and there's none that Cork would have won with 15 on the pitch either,.

Well done Limerick,

Limerick played a blinder. Especially in the second half. Cork fell apart and would have still done so with 15 men. How many wides again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

TBH, I don't think they would ,

As I've said in op post I was hoping for a LK win, LK needed it, hurling as a sport need it.

I'm in no way anti Cork & I know their fans are amongst the most sporting in the isle , and no doubt we will see a lot more of the red army during the coming weeks

Thanks to both teams for a fantastic afternoon's enterainment.

Sport was the big winner to day but again congrats to LK

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Oh the sweet taste of victory :D and the bitter pill of defeat :mad: ... Too right Limerick deserved the win!! Cork gave us a great game, loved hearing the hip hip hooraay on the radio for them when the match was over. Feck the begrudgers and on with the celebrations and the semi's!!!! Whoop whoop!!

• Advertisement

If you are a Cork supporter then please stop embarrassing us.Our forwards had enough chances but they didn't take them.They couldn't compete in the physical exchanges and Limerick had the better subs.Limerick were the better team in general and im delighted that Limerick has something to shout about in hurling again.I hope they go all the way if Cork get knocked out.

Advertisement