Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPP and EI

Options
  • 12-07-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I know we are past tax return season, but im wondering, on the IEC visa can we reclaim CPP and EI?

I would have thought we could reclaim CPP for sure as we are never gonna get the benefit of it.

Just intrigued as I recently moved to Canada after a few years in oz and they have Super which is similar to CPP, which i was able to claim back but I cant see anywhere online where it says we can claim back CPP?

Anyone any insight or knowledge, possibly from past experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

On a slightly different CPP topic. In the UK, banks have been ordered to pay back money to CPP policyholders as the cover and protection offered is already covered by the existing credit card system and provides little additional cover. Therefore banks who sold the policies have been ordered to repay policyholders for mis-selling a product that is not required. This will cost some of the banks many £millions. Does anyone know if this applies to Ireland?

see the following link:
    http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/aug/22/cpp-compensation-what-need-know

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Hi Guys,

I know we are past tax return season, but im wondering, on the IEC visa can we reclaim CPP and EI?

I would have thought we could reclaim CPP for sure as we are never gonna get the benefit of it.

Just intrigued as I recently moved to Canada after a few years in oz and they have Super which is similar to CPP, which i was able to claim back but I cant see anywhere online where it says we can claim back CPP?

Anyone any insight or knowledge, possibly from past experiences?

Thanks

The answer to your question is no, however, i have heard that it might be possible to claim your CPP when you leave the country (for good) but definitely not at tax time.

Advertisement