Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Micropay Professional 2013 Upgrade Problem

Options
  • 12-07-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello. I am installing Micropay Professional 2013 on 3 client computers and a server. The server installation was fine and it is running v14.4. However, When installing the client computers, when I click on 'Select Data Drive' a dropdown menu appears and wants me to select the drive the data is on. I have sucessfully mapped the Data Drive as you can see below:
    dgnzok.png
    But when I click on the dropdown menu, there is no Z: drive there and I tried scrolling but it simply shows my media inputs (SD card slot, etc).

My guess is that the install software does'nt like network locations due to the fact that we have installed v14 before and it choked up on upgrading to 14.4 and I have tried to create virtual drives via the cmd command subst.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I hate to say it but, ring Sage - their support is actually ok.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ls7900

We already have and have blamed it on us but its thier software not picking up the mapped drives. And even so there closed for the weekend and we need this done by monday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Wait, I might have a solution, Micropay doesn't like Network drives. I can't remember if this fix will work for Micropay, or just accounts 50

Install to C:\ create the Database in the default directory Somethin like C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2013\COMPANY.001 (Make sure it is the same name as your current database) Copy this database over to Z:\ Drive

Then edit, in notepad, the "Company" file in C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2013\ or similar to reflect the new path. Actually, check for the presence of this file first.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I see this a lot, bizarrely enough. I either point to them directly via an ip address or via folder location. In your case, if there is an address bar type in \\Admin-pc and see if it can see catch that way.

Sometimes creating a folder shortcut onto the desktop and try to access them that way works. If it doesn't it can sometimes give a useful error such as permissions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Try Turning off your UAC (User Account Control), Re-boot and you will see the network drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement