Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can your take away top this?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 9:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

540483_110255625777156_1715185912_n.jpg

full sized doner kebab with chips and any free can of drink e4.95 including free delivery.

typical yummy italian chipper food have you seen a better deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

No that's a very good deal is all week or only on a certain day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Hootanany wrote: »
    No that's a very good deal is all week or only on a certain day

the offers pictured above are all day all week,since the place opened last year.

,but they have daily half price specials too,monday is half price chicken day so a snack box is 2.50e and so on. on this day i usually order the taco chip with a can of sprite for 4e and get a southern fried breast for 1.30}so i get both delivered for e5.30 its great.

tuesday is half price burgers a half pounder is 2.60e

i cant remember the other days.

you can get sick of to much fast food tho i havent ordered any in ages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Not to be a downer but you have to wonder what the hell they are serving if they can produce it and deliver it for that price.

I'd be very skeptical ordering it, I suppose as long as you're only having it from time to time it's grand. Great for after the pub I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

540483_110255625777156_1715185912_n.jpg

Don't know that first one seems a bit steep to me:cool:

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Not to be a downer but you have to wonder what the hell they are serving if they can produce it and deliver it for that price.

I'd be very skeptical ordering it, I suppose as long as you're only having it from time to time it's grand. Great for after the pub I'd say.

Every chippy and chinese in the town are at it now,its great,they obviously are getting desperate so have matched the offer. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a tactic to get more new customers in the door. Once the offer is over they hope the customers will stay and pay a bit more.

biko wrote: »
    It's a tactic to get more new customers in the door. Once the offer is over they hope the customers will stay and pay a bit more.

It's going on over a year now,its regular italian style chipper food to,i dont know how they can do it,the doner kebabs are huge and yummy,i would like to hear from some one who owns a chipper to tell us how they can do this with out losing money.

A giant doner kebab.

chips.

and a (uk) can of drink.

for 4.95e

and they deliver that free!!!

also 12inch pizzas are 5e!!

That Kebab meat you see on the machine,is €18.50 to buy from the wholesaler,
    Huge profit for retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Probably serving the exact same stuff as the other places, but just at a more reasonable price. I'd say they shift loads of it, so much higher turnover and could end up making similar profits. I like to see busy chippers, the food is more likely to be fresh. There are a few chippers I know which are always empty, or nearly empty -THEY are the ones I really am wary of, it could be the finest fillet steak in the burger, but if its gone off I'll have the other.

Many people also ignore offers for whatever reason, I am especially confused about young teenagers in mcdonalds not ordering off the eurosaver menu, who would presumably have less money. A busy looking chipper will drag in customers who may pay full whack -people would be attracted for the freshness as mentioned, but also they just figure it must be decent if people are in their, sort of like restaurants in resorts like santa ponsa, its a real black mark if your place is empty.
    12inch pizzas are 5e
    Ingredients for pizza cost pittance. If my local chinese takeaway did them on their regular margins it would be around a fiver too. Pizza places always amaze me, pizza hut PHQ closed near me. They have this place now. They have 9" takeaway pizzas for €13.95!
    http://www.pizzarepublic.ie/order-from-dublin18/#drawer_area

rubadub wrote: »

Ingredients for pizza cost pittance. If my local chinese takeaway did them on their regular margins it would be around a fiver too. Pizza places always amaze me, pizza hut PHQ closed near me. They have this place now. They have 9" takeaway pizzas for €13.95!
    http://www.pizzarepublic.ie/order-from-dublin18/#drawer_area

Yes and it amazes me that people will turn their nose up to value,this chippers has revolutionized take away prices in my town,3 out the 5 italian style chippers here have adopted the same 3e,4e and 5e deals.

IMO pizza is total **** worse than any burger etc,i would in my **** pay 13.95e for that rubbish from pizza hut,no wonder they are closing everywhere the one in my towns just gone to.

• Advertisement

I'd say it costs less than a €1 to make a pizza inc light & rent.

Advertisement