Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make-up Brushes

• 13-07-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I've decided to invest in some good brushes. I think I am going to going to go with the Sigma Mrs Bunny Essential Kit as I have heard some good reviews
    http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Mrs_Bunny_Essential_Kit_p/bblu.htm

Are there any other brushes that I should also get that aren't included in this set? Might as well get them all together.
    They can be any brand I'm not confined to sigma!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. One of the best things I have bought in the past 4 years of wearing make-up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

The real techniques are really good brushes but do you use mineral or loose powder foundation?

http://www.shiseido.com/foundation-brush/0729238108165,en_US,pd.html

This type is fab for using mineral or loose powder foundation. The one i have is, I got it on offer when I was traveling and its brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Real Techniques brushes and ecotools are awesome, order from iherb and they're super cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

Thanks. I had considered Real Techniques but from reading reviews their eye brushes haven't been getting as good reviews as their face brushes so I was unsure whether to go for them or not. I've also heard that the eye brushes were a bit big? I'll definitely consider the expert face brush though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Anabelle wrote: »
    Thanks. I had considered Real Techniques but from reading reviews their eye brushes haven't been getting as good reviews as their face brushes so I was unsure whether to go for them or not. I've also heard that the eye brushes were a bit big? I'll definitely consider the expert face brush though.

Their eye brushes are a bit too big for eye use from what I've heard also. Most people seem to use some of them for concealer use instead :)

• Advertisement

That's what I thought.. I still need eye brushes too which is why I thought the Sigma kit might be a good idea.. just trying to figure out if it includes all the brushes I would need or if I would still need to purchase some extra brushes that aren't included

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I agree, the RT eye crashes are crappy. Found better uses for them as concealer brushes

As suggested here, I got the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush yesterday. I've only used it twice but I must say I love it. My foundation looks much better.

I'm still interested in the Sigma Brush set so if anyone has any used these I would love to hear what you thought about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I haven't used any of the brushes in the kit you posted up but I use the F80 - Flat Top Kabuki brush from the Sigma range and hands down it's the best make-up brush I have used so far. Excellent application of foundation so I'm sure all of their brushes are of a high quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

As suggested here, I got the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush yesterday. I've only used it twice but I must say I love it. My foundation looks much better.

I'm still interested in the Sigma Brush set so if anyone has any used these I would love to hear what you thought about them.

I've got the mrs bunny travel set and I absolutely love it! It has a really good eyeshadow brush - it's flat for packing colour on but also kind of thick/dense so you can use the tip for a bit of blending. A very unique brush that I wouldn't be without now. Also has a fluffy blending brush, and angled liner and a lovely pencil brush. It's definitely all you need to do your eyes but if you're lazy like me and don't like to clean brushes everyday, a spare blending brush is handy. As a by the by, I do use surgical spirits which I put in a spray bottle to spot clean every few days.
    In terms of face brushes, there's s lovely big fluffy powder brush, angled blush, flat foundation, all of which are lovely. If you already got the real techniques one for foundation it'll compliment the set really well as there's nothing like that in it.
    If you're thinking of getting the full size, you'll obviously get more brushes than me but I find the travel set perfectly adequate so anything extra is a bonus. I use the set almost exclusively now (together with the sigma precision one).
    They wash really well, don't shed, still look brand new after 6 months use.
    Hope that helps!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

If you are looking for really great Sigma esque brushes, can I recommend Blank Canvas Cosmetics? I think these are the best value and quality brushes I have tried in a long time, and I am in no way affiliated with the company. It is run by a really nice Irish lady, the shipping is so quick, the prices are fantastic, the quality is amazing- I have had one set on the go almost continuously for the last 15 months and it is still as good as new because I wash my brushes pretty regularly. It's great to support Irish businesses and the prices are actually better. I also personally prefer the quality of the Blank Canvas Cosmetics brushes over the Sigma ones- in context, I have three BCC F20s which I rotate and use all the time, and my Sigma F80 hasn't seen the light of day in over a year.

Again, not affiliated, just really really impressed by the brand. Check them out here: [HTML]http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/[/HTML]

If you are looking for really great Sigma esque brushes, can I recommend Blank Canvas Cosmetics? I think these are the best value and quality brushes I have tried in a long time, and I am in no way affiliated with the company. It is run by a really nice Irish lady, the shipping is so quick, the prices are fantastic, the quality is amazing- I have had one set on the go almost continuously for the last 15 months and it is still as good as new because I wash my brushes pretty regularly. It's great to support Irish businesses and the prices are actually better. I also personally prefer the quality of the Blank Canvas Cosmetics brushes over the Sigma ones- in context, I have three BCC F20s which I rotate and use all the time, and my Sigma F80 hasn't seen the light of day in over a year.

Again, not affiliated, just really really impressed by the brand. Check them out here: http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Hi

what website do you use to order the sigma brushes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I just want to make another suggestion too. A new brand Zoeva. I haven't tried them but they have gotten great reviews from Wayne Goss of Gossmakeupartist and Siobhan of letzmakeup on you tube. Much cheaper than Sigma but look so similar!! I'm considering getting a set myself even though I've a million brushes. Either way the reviews are worth checking out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Hi OP! I have both stigma and Real Technique brushes. I adore my stigma ones, I got the 12 set of black brushes and found it great. I found some of the orange real technique brushes very handy for applying concealers and foundations etc as it's not that they are softer but more flexible and gentle for putting undereye makeup on!

The stigma prices can be daunting but it's such an investment, I've had mine over a year now and with daily use and weekly washing there has been no shedding! Ensure that you get a case though with your brushes, I forgot to order one and regret it ever since!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Where do you get the sigma brushes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I got mine from cloud10beauty.

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I just want to make another suggestion too. A new brand Zoeva. I haven't tried them but they have gotten great reviews from Wayne Goss of Gossmakeupartist and Siobhan of letzmakeup on you tube. Much cheaper than Sigma but look so similar!! I'm considering getting a set myself even though I've a million brushes. Either way the reviews are worth checking out :)
    Will check out Zoeva :)

You can also get them on sigmabeauty.com

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Will check out Zoeva :)

You can also get them on sigmabeauty.com

Do you have to pay taxes at the post office when you order sigma?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

you cant beat the mac 187... i use mine for foundation and another for creams! Pricy but best investment ever!!

Do you have to pay taxes at the post office when you order sigma?

I don't know tbh. Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I didn't, I got the premium brush roll too!

I have heard of people getting caught- like everything coming from US, I think it's a lucky dip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 x_Ci_x

If your going to buy the sigma brushes...follow Little Kiva on facebook and YouTube she usually gives a discount code for them every now and then.

Mac are my fave! :)
    I bought a blank canvas set but still go back to my mac ones
    Crown are very good to

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

I just ordered some Crown brushes based on recommendations from a couple of people, looking forward to trying them out

Oh...and I can't say specifically for sigma, but I'm always caught for customs & taxes when ordering from the states - DHL refuse to hand it over until they're paid at the door

Advertisement