Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work and winter in Canada

Options
  • 13-07-2013 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering do they work all year round in Canada outside with the winters over there in construstion and the likes and what's it like to get work over there and 1 more point what's it like to get on to oil rigs/mines over there cheers for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Some jobs will have nothing going on where i was in Alberta and Saskatchewan in the line of digging work or concrete
    Ground simply too hard and too cold for pouring concrete
    A lot of building would be wrapped and tarped and heated so would be OK for working in
    Machine drivers tend to work at the winter pushing snow and snow clearance or just plan to be not working for the winter months

whats your trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭letterkenny man

Cheers Plant operator is I what I do but willing to go labouring are u in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Yep in the middle of saskatchewan in a small town of 500 people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭letterkenny man

Ok what you working at is it hard to get work

Advertisement