Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up for a debs

• 13-07-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

A friend of a friend might be doing my make up for my debs and as she isn't a beautician I would have to supply my own make up. What exactly would I need for debs make up without going over the top? I don't wear make up that often so I'm not too sure. What are the essential items?
    Also, do professional beauticians use their own make up or do you supply it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sillyruby

Hey,
    I'm assuming that if your friend is doing your make up their into it/good at it therefore why not talk to them? would be a really good idea to have a trial run of what you think you want. They shouldn't just use their make up on you as the foundation etc won't be suitable and make sure the makeup brushes are clean. To be honest by the time you go out and buy all the bits you'd need getting it done by a beautician/make up counter would nearly be cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

IMO it would probably be easier to get it done professionally OP, if you only have a small make-up collection. Professional beauticians normally have their own kit. Also, somewhere like MAC or another beauty counter would allow you to redeem the cost against products.

If you're supplying your own make-up, for a debs you'd need: primer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow(s), eye liner, mascara, lipstick (possibly also lipgloss).

Optional extras: bronzer, contour, highlight, brow powder/pencil, false lashes.

Also, you may need to supply your own brushes. If so, you'd need an eyeshadow blending brush for definite, a basic eyeshadow brush, a powder/blush brush, and possibly a foundation/buffing brush depending on if your foundation goes on better with a brush.

As I said above, with the cost of even half of the things I mentioned above, you could easily afford a professional appointment (be it with a beautician or make-up artist).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Okay, I think I'll go to a professional :P I don't live near beauty counters but I presume the person would have everything already?
    I do have make up but not a large collection so I'm going to go to professional.

Advertisement