Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I receive a new card abroad? [Urgent]

Options
  • 13-07-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in the south of France in Holidays, but my card doesn't have visa/master flag so I can't use the ATM machines! What can I do to receive a new card with visa/master flag in my house here? Or if there is another solutions, how can I proceed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Rodrigocgt,

Thanks for posting.

If you cancel your card and request a new one, it will be the same card type that you currently have and will be posted to the home address on your current account.

You will need to contact your branch to request a new card type.

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here

If you are on holidays with a family member or friend who you have registered as a payee on 365 Online, you could transfer to their account and use their debit card to withdraw funds. Alternatively, if you have a credit card, you could transfer to this and withdraw from an ATM. Transfers to a BOI credit card made before 3:30pm on a working day will reach the card on the next working day.

If you have your mobile registered to receive activation codes, you can register a payee and transfer as soon as you receive the code. Transfers to domestic BOI accounts are immediate and transfers to non BOI domestic accounts made before 3:30pm on a working day, will reach the payee on the following working day.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement