Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this heat wave last much longer?

Options
  • 13-07-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I know it's terrible to complain about good weather in Ireland, but I'm not coping very well with the high temperatures. I have not slept since last weekend. I'm pale and skinny, the sweating is not helping my weight :o Will the heat last much longer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭briany

I know it's terrible to complain about good weather in Ireland, but I'm not coping very well with the high temperatures. I have not slept since last weekend. I'm pale and skinny, the sweating is not helping my weight :o Will the heat last much longer?

Im trying to sleep here and the humidity is evil. Dont mind the good weather and all but could we not get a bit of a draught at night, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I'd say it depends on what part of the Country your in.

If your up North direction,,you may have a bit of cooling for a few days. If your down South,it's going to stay warm enough.

Looks like getting back to hot weather again towards the latter half of the week to come though.

http://www.rte.ie/weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No end in sight at the moment.

Sleep in your birthday suit, it helps.

I am not gone on the heat, would like some rain to freshen things up a bit, and help my well, not great having to spare water when one feels like having a shower...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Thinly veiled "I don't need to go to weight watchers" post !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Ireland's weather shouldn't have to adapt just to accommodate your problems, you're not that important. If you're skinny, buy a bag of protein and mix it with milk before you lift weights - it'll will thicken your body up. Exercising during the day will help you sleep better at night.

Also, skinny people feel the heat less, but if you have issues with temperatures in the mid-20s, then you should get an air conditioner because temperatures this high are common enough in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Take the duvet off the bed and seep naked :) Problem solved....... for me anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ireland's weather shouldn't have to adapt just to accommodate your problems, you're not that important. If you're skinny, buy a bag of protein and mix it with milk before you lift weights - it'll will thicken your body up. Exercising during the day will help you sleep better at night.

Also, skinny people feel the heat less, but if you have issues with temperatures in the mid-20s, then you should get an air conditioner because temperatures this high are common enough in Ireland.

A bit Nietzsche that!

Lifting weights? she's not a fitness freak (as I suspect you must be) these temps are not common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Grow up you idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

these nights are very humid, i am using a good fan at night and it is very cooling. i may get a shock when i get the next electricity bill but right now i just dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Boofle

The heat wave is gone. . . .well, where I am living anyways! Grey sky, cool breeze - bliss!! :P I haven't slept in almost a week as it was so unbearably hot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 phillo65

Clemenza wrote: »
    Grow up you idiot

You said it before me.A very ignorant post in reply to someone asking a genuine question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I thoroughly enjoy this weather. Last night I did not sleep so well due to coastal fog which greatly increased the humidity levels.
    As we rarely get weather of this kind in Ireland , one night of interrupted sleep is a very small price to pay.
    Bright sunshine thia am & already at 25C! Roll on this gorgeous weather:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Can anyone remember when it last rained? I must admit that it's difficult to sleep and sometimes difficult to stay anywhere but in the shade, but I absolutely love this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I can't wait for our snow watch threads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I really don't understand people wishing the good weather to end. It's been 8 years since we had weather like it so can everyone not just enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Do you even lift bro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I really don't understand people wishing the good weather to end. It's been 8 years since we had weather like it so can everyone not just enjoy it?

What constitutes "good" weather is down to the individual, not everyone can enjoy these conditions.
    The weather will do what the weather will do anyway, no matter what peoples hopes and wishes are (unless we get into weather manipulation, but that's for a whole other thread!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tiredgirl23

The Weight-watchers jokes never get old, I've probably just lost water weight. This is a weather thread, but I do excercise. Thanks for the replies regarding my actual question, I'll invest in a good fan :D

The Weight-watchers jokes never get old, I've probably just lost water weight. This is a weather thread, but I do excercise. Thanks for the replies regarding my actual question, I'll invest in a good fan :D

Don't forget the birthday suit for sleeping too :D

Thunderstorms would be lovely, make the heat a bit more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

ryanf1 wrote: »

Some people dont like having to shower after every time they go outside and finding it difficult to sleep. Then theres the sunburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Some people dont like having to shower after every time they go outside and finding it difficult to sleep. Then theres the sunburn.

Some people are never happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RobertKK wrote: »

Aw Id love a good lightning show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

buyer95 wrote: »
    Some people are never happy...

As long as its not too warm and not raining Im happy. How is that any different to someone who likes the temperature to be above 20 degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's beautiful!! Sunburn won't happen if you look after your skin properly so that's a moot point (although I'm amazed at how many people don't bother, that's a rant for another day).

The heat has side effects we just aren't used to! Sleep in your undies with a sheet over you, keep the window open and buy a fan is needs be.

But jayzus, go to the beach or have a bbq or something. It won't last forever so enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Yep, we just need a good aul thunderstorm to cool us down and then back to the hot and sunny weather :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

/Pulls up chair and waits for the "when will the rain stop" thread to start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I won't hold my breath for the "shut up and enjoy the cold rain" comments though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Don't forget the birthday suit for sleeping too :D

I think picture should be posted too! :D

But more seriously, as we have not had weather like this for many a year, we simply are not acclimatised to it and it can affect some people quite badly.

Drink loads of really cold water and even put a few large bottles into the freezer and at night place them in your room. Have a cool shower / bath just before turning in helps too.

Having windows in house open on both sides of the house will give a cooling draught at night too - keep lights off to avoid moths etc coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Can anyone remember when it last rained? I must admit that it's difficult to sleep and sometimes difficult to stay anywhere but in the shade, but I absolutely love this weather.

It only rained once in the last two years that I can remember......

......Long shower though, cos it lasted two years :(

In this weather I am surviving (I don't do well in heat) on these, which really are the business for cooling down...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement