Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this heat wave last much longer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hope it never ends, all the sweating while I'm in work under a sky light for 9 hours a day is worth it for being able to enjoy the sun in the evenings :D for sleep, no clothes or underwear, bottle of water next to the bed, windows open and I'm sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Hope it never ends, all the sweating while I'm in work under a sky light for 9 hours a day is worth it for being able to enjoy the sun in the evenings :D for sleep, no clothes or underwear, bottle of water next to the bed, windows open and I'm sorted :D

Oi, close them blinds!

Oi, close them blinds!

My neighbours love it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I really don't understand people wishing the good weather to end. It's been 8 years since we had weather like it so can everyone not just enjoy it?

Just cos it's good weather to you, doesn't mean it's good weather for everyone. I listen to people complaining about the cold all winter long, and I love that weather, it's not cold enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/ireland/limerick/ext

The weather for the next two weeks 14 days. Its never going to end. I love the sun, but i would not mind one cool day (with rain even)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I'm an iceman, always was. 3 c is my favourite temperature not cold not warm just perfect for me. -15 can make me giddy as the air is so fresh.

I personally function best at cold temperatures. In really cold weather my friends and family can't handle the cold and whine all day every day of it, but i do be wearing a tee-shirt and shorts and i'm always nice and cool.

The heat here now is not for everyone, same goes with the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

If u wear sun cream ur skin will grand and if kick ur bedclothes off

I slept out in the back garden last night on one of those foldy-up beds and i have to say it was really nice, no covers just the bed, i should do it more often as it's great sleeping in the outdoors.

zenno wrote: »
    I slept out in the back garden last night on one of those foldy-up beds and i have to say it was really nice, no covers just the bed, i should do it more often as it's great sleeping in the outdoors.

My mam does that when she can't handle the heat, she prefers cold weather. It's a great idea!

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    My mam does that when she can't handle the heat, she prefers cold weather. It's a great idea!

It's definitely nice i have to say, well that is if the mosquitoes don't bother you. My garden is like a mini forest so it has that air of really sleeping out in a real forest, i'd recommend sleeping out-doors to anyone that can't stand the humidity. You just can't beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I'm Sick of Irish People,,

Moaning It's Raining we never get dry days...

Now its Fecking Warm and Sunny

What they we do fu*cking do? Moan Its to hot i cant sleep, I cant take this any longer im all burned... get over your self! Its going to be Raining in the next week or so.. So stop your Bitching and just enjoy it !!

Cork24 wrote: »
    I'm Sick of Irish People,,

Moaning It's Raining we never get dry days...

Now its Fecking Warm and Sunny

What they we do fu*cking do? Moan Its to hot i cant sleep, I cant take this any longer im all burned... get over your self! Its going to be Raining in the next week or so.. So stop your Bitching and just enjoy it !!

HUH ?

Diddily do do.

Someone is all hot and bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tiredgirl23

Perhaps a Mod could close this thread, the heat is making people angry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

HUH ?

Diddily do do.

Moments of unrestrainable rage can do that.. I love how,the people accusing us of complaining, are doing it by complaining even more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Please no thunderstorms. I hate thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

RobertKK wrote: »
    No end in sight at the moment.

Sleep in your birthday suit, it helps.

I am not gone on the heat, would like some rain to freshen things up a bit, and help my well, not great having to spare water when one feels like having a shower...

I refuse to give out about this weather as its so rare . I'm not a sun worshipper type but I love looking out at the blissful sunshine .

But it's the well that I have an issue with too. We bought our house with well. Have been here for 13yrs never ran out of water . But husband is panicking and muttering about water conservation etc.

So I'm guessing the answer is 'no ' but is there there any way of knowing the well capacity ?

HUH ?

Diddily do do.

Someone is all hot and bothered.

Not hot and bothered at all... I have my Intex Pool to keep me Cool..

Moments of unrestrainable rage can do that.. I love how,the people accusing us of complaining, are doing it by complaining even more:D

I agree.

Well the temperature here in swords co. Dublin is 19 c and there is a lovely breeze now so it feels so much more bearable, actually nice compared to the humidity lately. :cool:
    Not hot and bothered at all... I have my Intex Pool to keep me Cool.

Well I never... aren't you the lucky one, i have a pool but it is 1 foot wide on both sides for the fish but i was thinking of trying to fit my big self into it but was un-successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love thunderstorms, but we don't seem to get decent ones here. Best ever I experienced was in Budapest, thunder seemed to shake the building, was brilliant :D

• Advertisement

Well I never... aren't you the lucky one, i have a pool but it is 1 foot wide on both sides for the fish but i was thinking of trying to fit my big self into it but was un-successful.

I was lucky I got it 3 years ago when we had a heat wave it was the last 15*4 ft,

So when the fine weather came in I put it right up,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heatwave till Sept 25th then cool and wet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭briany

The cool air would be great but I'd be weary of flies or wasps or other critters giving me a bit of a rude awaking. Then again, I leave my windows open at night at the moment so I suppose there's maybe as much chance of that happening in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Like even if the temps dropped just a wee bit it would be grand... Bit of cloud cover this evening was godsent. Evening was bearably cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

briany wrote: »
    The cool air would be great but I'd be weary of flies or wasps or other critters giving me a bit of a rude awaking. Then again, I leave my windows open at night at the moment so I suppose there's maybe as much chance of that happening in my room.

Interesting one but i have a question for all members??

Where are the wasps gone??? i have yet to see one this year!!! as for flys, how come they can get in a crack in the door but can'nt get out an open fukin window???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

aboyro wrote: »

Where are the wasps gone??? i have yet to see one this year!!! as for flys, how come they can get in a crack in the door but can'nt get out an open fukin window???????

Ive seen a few (small) bumblers..very few bluebottles and no..wasps ..not one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Sleep under a cotton sheet - the sheet will act as a wick for any sweat, making it cooler than if you were naked and not under covers. That's what I've found anyway recently.

If you find it uncomfortable and don't have any aircon, rig up a swamp cooler with a sheet hanging into a bowl of water and a fan gently blowing across it. The evaporation of the water from the sheet cools the air. Often used in the States pre-aircon..

aboyro wrote: »

Well we can blame that on Monsanto's herbicides and the trials they have going on here ;) It's killing the bees and wasps left/right/up/down.

I love if July to sept were like this every year..

You wouldn't have to go away on hols or anything,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Popoutman wrote: »
    Sleep under a cotton sheet - the sheet will act as a wick for any sweat, making it cooler than if you were naked and not under covers. That's what I've found anyway recently.

If you find it uncomfortable and don't have any aircon, rig up a swamp cooler with a sheet hanging into a bowl of water and a fan gently blowing across it. The evaporation of the water from the sheet cools the air. Often used in the States pre-aircon..

Don't think that works in high humidity regimes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement