Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this heat wave last much longer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

For ireland this weather is extreme, when was the last time it was this warm for this long without rain?

Its like saying that we cant complain about it being warm/cold because it is worse in the Sahara/Arctic ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I've adjusted to the heat at this stage , still not good with humidity though. Just get the factor 45 on in the morning , shades and maybe a spare t-shirt in the bag. I sweat a fair bit but there's not much odour still doesn't stop people pointing out that I'm sweating for some strange reason , I think there's something wrong with your thermostat if you're not sweating in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

The majority of people in Ireland aren't complaining. I've yet to see anyone on my Facebook complain, only the basement-dwellers of Boards.ie and fat people are complaining - they're still a minority.

Drought, prolonged cold snaps (Winter 2010), and high winds are the only extremes Ireland can be subjected to. Meteorologists in continental Europe, North America and many other place would laugh you if you called this weather extreme.

If we get water restrictions, then you have the right to complain.

Extreme weather is defined relative to what a country or area usually experiences.

Temps over 10 degrees above average are definitely extreme. Just because it regularly gets to 40 degrees in some parts of the world is completely irrelevant.

Earlier in the year Los Angeles went metal because temps were falling to a low of 1 degrees. To us, even in Ireland, that seems laughable. But to the people of California, where temps usually don't drop much below 10 degrees, especially at the coast. it was a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am loving the heat, not loving the being fullterm pregnant in it though. They say being pregnant you can feel the heat more. Can't say if it is because I am pregnant per se, I have never been in temperatures like this in my life bar that one occasional day we used get every summer growing up at random. I refuse to complain though.

Seriously I remember the threads back in April where we were all begging for some warmth.

We will be back to wet and cool all too soon and be complaining about that again so every good day is great in my books.

It is adverse weather for Ireland, just not much of note globally. Still it could be a lot hotter, so 20 odd degrees isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seanachai wrote: »
    I've adjusted to the heat at this stage , still not good with humidity though. Just get the factor 45 on in the morning , shades and maybe a spare t-shirt in the bag. I sweat a fair bit but there's not much odour still doesn't stop people pointing out that I'm sweating for some strange reason , I think there's something wrong with your thermostat if you're not sweating in this weather.

not sweating, but yes it is very warm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

About 4 more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

About 4 more days.

Your probably right, however would you put your mortgage on it????

• Registered Users Posts: 5 unclevass

I wish we had this weather forever... Loving every second of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Finally this virus i have is going, i think i am acclimatised to the heat now, but try and go through it for the last 2 weeks with a nasty virus, i must have lost half my body weight, but grand today so now i can enjoy some sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I hope the good weather lasts until late September :D

• Advertisement

I have a good feeling it will last till almost the end of september. The jet stream is way way up the north, never remembered it that far up so i'd say it's going to be hot hot hot for the foreseeable future.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's great when I can sit out in the weather but not so good when you're in you're stuck in a work shirt and trousers and trying to stay sweat free...

ixoy wrote: »
    It's great when I can sit out in the weather but not so good when you're in you're stuck in a work shirt and trousers and trying to stay sweat free...

You would think in this day and age they would allow employees to wear shorts and a tee-shirt. I find it crazy that they won't allow this in that weather, as a hot and bothered worker is better if cool imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

zenno wrote: »
    You would think in this day and age they would allow employees to wear shorts and a tee-shirt. I find it crazy that they won't allow this in that weather, as a hot and bothered worker is better if cool imo.

This would make sense considering many offices have no air conditioning.

MrPoker wrote: »

Indeed. Maybe most employers just like to see their employees suffer, but i'm sure their employers business would suffer with a large bunch of hot and narky workers.

If i was an employer i can assure you everyone would be called to a meeting and told they can wear a tee-shirt and shorts if they liked. I'd make sure of this because they would be able to work better in a nice and cool friendly environment.

It's a strange country this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

short sleeve shirts, the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

short sleeve shirts, the job.

#callthefashionpolice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭flazio

#callthefashionpolice

Fashion police suspended due to insufferable work conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

MrPoker wrote: »

My office has aircon, and I've had to start taking a jacket to work as it gets too cold in the evenings to be in a t-shirt only. I go outside to warm up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Looking like it's cooling by the end of the week thank foook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Going back up to 32 / 33 degrees this week in London. This can't last long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I find the heat difficult at work, but now on a weeks holiday, so loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Looking like rain is on the way..... Steam may rise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭MagnusDamm

37 today in dundalk. So hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What's the story with the next week so does anyone know? Would like sunshine for Bruce Springsteen in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MagnusDamm wrote: »
    37 today in dundalk. So hot!
    Errrrrr... No it wasnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Coming down heavy in Tramore now!

Thank god! Hope the sun is out again tomorrow though! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was hoping we would have some decent weather next Saturday, or at the very least, no rain! What are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

Heavy?! what?! im currently at the top of the town and there is a fine mist that has dampened parts of the path. Still no thunder though. What part of tramore are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

blankAs wrote: »
    Heavy?! what?! im currently at the top of the town and there is a fine mist that has dampened parts of the path. Still no thunder though. What part of tramore are you in?

Somerville, had a heavy downpour a few minutes ago, place is drenched!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement