Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this heat wave last much longer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

short sleeve shirts, the job.

I've noticed lots of people don't have the money to buy them and resort to rolling up long sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

worded wrote: »
    I've noticed lots of people don't have the money to buy them and resort to rolling up long sleeves.

Yup. That's exactly why I don't buy them. Because I don't have the money

Yup. That's exactly why I don't buy them. Because I don't have the money

Try the sales in M&S
    They lengthen the life of your other long sleev shirts as you are not wearing them as much

20 euro nice shirts are possible to get in sales there.

Also any M&S clothes given to oxfam earns you M&S voucher !

Win win

No I don't work for M&S !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

So the first signs of a recovering Irish economy may well be heralded by the wearing of short sleeved shirts. Interesting.

I think they are a total fashion disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Since the thread says when will heatwave end July 24 at midnight and new one in mid august or earlier for 8 days as new high develops so book holidays then

Well there's a 60 per cent chance coz that's my accuracy ratio

• Advertisement

Kettleson wrote: »
    So the first signs of a recovering Irish economy may well be heralded by the wearing of short sleeved shirts. Interesting.

I think they are a total fashion disaster.

Short sleeved shirts are a fashion disaster ?

Maybe you like to suffer or fashions sake and wear a long sleeve shirt in an office with no AC in 30 degree heat? Short sleeves are international

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I've tried to acclimatise to hot (above 30C) weather a few times and just can't hack it at all. I just end up with really bad headaches, sweating badly and in bad humor.
    Sounds like very bad dehydration. When you figure out what headache means what, it'll be easier (dehydration is a common cause frontal headache) to get rid of it.

Regarding the office heat; I believe it.

Incredibly loud electrical storm over west London this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Mornings like this I could happily actually wake up to for the foreseeable future. Is as if the pool of sweat i'm lying in actually prompts me out of bed, has me don a safari suit and makes me think I am going out looking for game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Will this heatwave last much longer?
    Should be over any hour now:D

• Advertisement

Try the sales in M&S
    They lengthen the life of your other long sleev shirts as you are not wearing them as much

20 euro nice shirts are possible to get in sales there.

Also any M&S clothes given to oxfam earns you M&S voucher !

Win win

No I don't work for M&S !

hmmmmm.....I think you missed my sarcasm!

I shudder to think of the reaction if I were to walk onto my floor wearing a short sleeved shirt. The amount of abuse I would get!!

(but thanks for the advice anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Can't say I'm a big fan of this kind of weather myself.

I'm not one for sitting sunning myself anyway but it's just been so warm and uncomfortable the last few days that I can't wait till we get back to "normal" Irish weather at this stage.
    As other's have said it's no fun in the office either. Although there's air con, it's all set centrally so it's either too warm (to accommodate a lot of our European colleagues) or freezing (as in my own office which has the controls disabled).

Best place to be at the moment is the car with it's climate control system.. ahhhh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

hmmmmm.....I think you missed my sarcasm!

I shudder to think of the reaction if I were to walk onto my floor wearing a short sleeved shirt. The amount of abuse I would get!!

(but thanks for the advice anyway!)

If it were a crisp white pilot style shorrt sleeve shirt, I'd think god damn that man is cooooooool and hot in equal measure. You need to stop worrying about what other people think - use the James Bond rule. If he'd wear one, so can you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

unclevass wrote: »
    I wish we had this weather forever... Loving every second of it!

Ya me too, I'm going to miss it. Looking outside now and its grey skies and misery :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Drizzle and about 18°C in Cork City right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sneaky claps of thunder here at 7am - cloudy and humid now and 32c forecast for later. Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

well and truly over here in the north west. it's quite threatening this morning with black skies and zero wind, feels like there is the mother of all thunderstorms coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Looking rather foreboding here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Very soft drizzle rain in north cork

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

i reckon we'll have another one in august at some point

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

22C and hazy sun, if this holds we should see 24C/25C before the evening is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

no change in Dublin , same as its been the past 3 weeks - cant see one cloud

Misty drizzle in Cork City. Not very pleasant as the air is very humid and it's about 19 C

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

thebaz wrote: »
    no change in Dublin , same as its been the past 3 weeks - cant see one cloud

You cant see them through the mist you mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

The media

2 days ago: No end in sight.
    Yesterday: Heat wave is over expect ...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You cant see them through the mist you mean!

???

all I can see is blue skies :confused: - no mist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Currently 23.2 c here in Arklow,so as warm as any day if not warmer on the east coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dissenting voice here but I'm enjoying the cooler weather - able to exercise during the day again, and no need to remember to apply suncream before leaving the house!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just saw the RTE forecast and things not looking too good for the west, over the next few days, near normal temperatures and showers. The East and north looks like holding on to the low to mid 20s till Friday.

• Advertisement

The grass will be up to your elbows at this rate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement