Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to belfast

Options
  • 13-07-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey All,
    I am moving to belfast this weekend. Reading the news and see there is a bit of trouble. Is there any places to avoid when traveling up there. I am moving to the center of the city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23295307

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

im very proud of my city and what is has achieved.
    my story is a rarely told one but thankfully terry hooleys story has made the big screen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1920945/

i can only speak for myself and all the people i grew up with and have known all my life.
    none of them support the violence and destruction that continues to happen.
    its a small minority on BOTH SIDES who cause all the negativity , this is "encouraged" subtlety by the politicians who continue to make money and have power. the media also have a vested interest!

heres what your up against , its from yesterday , the republicans have their riots in a few weeks time so you can see exact same footage from their side then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w8sbCwHf59k#at=32

its a disgrace! makes me fecking sick to watch these animals destroy my city. the "police" are just as bad , what is the point of them? they get paid serious money to stand there. you mark my words , you dont want to break the speed limit or not wear your seatbelt , these guys get nasty then!

im sorry i seen your post after watching the above video , youll understand that frustration after living here a while.
    its a beautiful city , you wont see any of this.
    dont be worrying , you will have a great time and be perfectly safe :) your paranoia radar will start working again after a while and you can spot them a mile off
    good luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

where in the city are you moving to?

generally stay clear of staunchly loyalist/republican areas close to the city centre, as that's where you're most likely to run into bother if you're heading into the centre. so sandy row, newtownards rd, crumlin rd and carlisle circus, and maybe the shankill/falls.

tbh you're unlikely to see any bull**** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

FAH wrote: »
    Mod edit: Troll account closed[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe someone completely new to the place is better in Divis than in a mixed area?

Assuming by 'mixed' you mean the true definition of mixed and not 'interface'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

<SNIP>
    that has to be a wind up!!!

Mod note: It was

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

thanks. moved to botanical gardens area. so not near the trouble at the moment.

Will watch that movie. Looks really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement