Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO confussion

• 13-07-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have set up a free website to promote my business. How do I keep it high in search engines using SEO. Baffled as to how to put this into the settings of the site. I am not the most techno minded but have managed to do this before just cant remember how. Any advise would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Go hear it should give you a hand..

moz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dxter

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JJ10

hey this should really help you on your way. It makes everything sound easier than it actually is so if in doubt you should ask someone you know who is more into this http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

OP - that's just so crap!

Is that how you 'help' your clients?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Lolz for the bad effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 johnallen_vws

I think both Moz.com and mattcutts.com blogs will help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    I have set up a free website to promote my business. How do I keep it high in search engines using SEO. Baffled as to how to put this into the settings of the site. I am not the most techno minded but have managed to do this before just cant remember how. Any advise would be great.

There is a lot to learn with regards to "SEO" and particularly with all the new Google changes over the last few months. By reading a few publications, yes you will begin to understand some of the jargon used ie. meta data, anchor text etc, but I doubt if it can be implemented successfully without some help from someone who knows what to do.

The on-page SEO you will prob pick up but it's all the 0ff-page SEO that is really crucial such as Community Creation in social networking sites, Article Submission, Social Bookmarking, link building - and getting the right links.

All this is even harder with a "free website" as you said. If your new to this why not try Wordpress, its easy to use and you can choose a good theme for €40 and then just work on that. A common problem with free Website builders such as Wix is that they are not built for search engines and are very limited in what they can do. Thus all making it harder for you to build an online brand - and that's what you should be trying to do.

Advertisement