Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difference between vodafone and sky

• 13-07-2013 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

so my contract with vodafone is up now, i am getting 70gb and the phone for 42 euro, if i change to sky are any torrent sites blocked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

No torrent sites are blocked on Sky, but it's likely the IRMA will continue to get TPB blocked on other providers.
    Just remember that sky don't provide fiber yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

No torrent sites are blocked on Sky, but it's likely the IRMA will continue to get TPB blocked on other providers.
    Just remember that sky don't provide fiber yet.

Thanks, I am getting 2.5 MBS with Vodafone so fiber won't affect me for a long while, I'm still getting tpb using a proxy, I might change over if they offer a good deal, I wonder what the fair usage is with sky, unlimited must have a cap on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Sky broadband is truly unlimited. No fair usage caps. At least not when I signed up in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

i am getting 70gb
    I am getting 2.5 MBS

Which is it???

Go with Sky, truly unlimited and you might get better speeds. Cheaper to boot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

degsie wrote: »
    Which is it???

Go with Sky, truly unlimited and you might get better speeds. Cheaper to boot...
    MBS is speed
    70gb is download amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

MBS is speed
    70gb is download amount

To be a bit pedantic you are getting 2.5Mb/s download speed and have a 70GB data cap (bits v's Bytes) :)

Advertisement