Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a Canada working holiday visa

Options
  • 13-07-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

im looking to go to Canada on a working holiday, but I have a driving conviction. will this affect me being able to get the visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

huggy15 wrote: »
    im looking to go to Canada on a working holiday, but I have a driving conviction. will this affect me being able to get the visa?

Yes it will,how long ago was your conviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Yes it will,how long ago was your conviction?

it was 2 years ago now, I got a one year ban for drunk driving.

it was 2 years ago now, I got a one year ban for drunk driving.

Ok mate,i am in the same situation as you here is a threads that where started before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056880327
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

had a read through that thread there lad it's not looking too good, but I suppose it's worth trying and see how it goes.

had a read through that thread there lad it's not looking too good, but I suppose it's worth trying and see how it goes.

Yes mate no harm in trying at all,Also the IEC visa isnt the only way to get into Canada,there are trp visa,s,skilled trade visa,a and trp visas.If your garda cert doesnt show you conviction then you are sorted,im goin to try for a criminal rehabilitation and c how it goes

• Advertisement
Advertisement