Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Windows 8

Options
  • 13-07-2013 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I just built myself a new pc but I am using an old hdd with windows 7 installed on it. Every time I boot it wont allow me to enter the bios or boot settings so that I can boot from disk drive, instead it just comes up as "Start windows normally" or "Repair computer".
    Hence I am currently doing a startup repair which has been running for hours!
    Is there any quicker options? I just want to do a clean install of windows 8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You built the computer yourself, so you probably still have the box that the motherboard came in. Dig it up, take out the manual and it will tell you which key to use to either enter the BIOS or to change the boot selection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Thanks my keyboard actually wasn't plugged in properly (rooky mistake). The date and time were in feckin irish so it took me another half hour to figure that out also.

Advertisement