Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You probably won't find this very interesting.

Options
  • 13-07-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

I have a load of bills to pay for the next week or three, so can't afford to be betting anything substantial until all of that is out of the way. I do however have €10.00 left in my account which I'm going to play around with. I'll be mostly betting low odds that are almost guaranteed winners, and see how we go. I mean that, for instance if I see a 1.02 bet that I know is a win, then I'll take it. This is mostly to amuse me but also to see just how many of these I can get right in a row before going bust, or making some money! I mostly deal in Tennis, footie and a spot of rugby.

I've done 3 already so I'll just paste the details below..

#1:
    Robin Haase to win set 1 @ 1.002
    €10.00 Single Returned: €10.02

#2:
    Maciej Romanowicz to win set 2 @ 1.001
    €10.02 Single Returned: €10.04

#3:
    Lenka Jurikova @ 1.04
    €10.04 Single Returned: €10.45

So, that's where I stand, current balance is €10.45, I know this is hardly the best betting strategy but I think I might be able to make something out of it. I'll also split the bankroll up occasionally and make actual decent bets too, if I see something I fancy. Feel free to comment and tell me why what I'm doing is all wrong too :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Heres a bet with almost respectable odds.

#4:
    ATP250 event in Stuttgart. Match starts in a few minutes.
    Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 1.28
    €10.45 Single to return: €13.43

He is up against Hanescu a big server from Romania, home favourite is a good claycourter and should win 2-0. I'd rather the odds were closer to 1.4 but I'm willing to risk it.

Heres a bet with almost respectable odds.

#4:
    ATP250 event in Stuttgart. Match starts in a few minutes.
    Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 1.28
    €10.45 Single to return: €13.43

He is up against Hanescu a big server from Romania, home favourite is a good claycourter and should win 2-0. I'd rather the odds were closer to 1.4 but I'm willing to risk it.

He wins 6-3, 6-3 :) Wish I just went for the 2-0 now, but I'm being overly cautious with bets until we have a bankroll to play with..

#5:
    Monroe/Stadler @1.02
    (Current Set - Race to 5 Games)
    Stake: €13.44 To Return: €13.71 WIN!

Odds dropped from 1.05 while I was making the bet but meh, a wins a win..

Bank: €13.71

Roberta Vinci to win set 2 @ 1.062
    €13.71 Single Returns: €14.56

Took it at 3-0, she lost a tight 1st set, but is rightly heavy favourite to win regardless.

Roberta Vinci to win set 2 @ 1.062
    €13.71 Single Returns: €14.56

Took it at 3-0, she lost a tight 1st set, but is rightly heavy favourite to win regardless.

That's a winner.

#7:
    Roberta Vinci @ 1.28
    €14.57 Single Returns: €18.73

A little bit of a risk, the odds dropped from 1.36 while submitting, but anyway.. She has the momentum now, and is serving 1st, that's half the battle in womens tennis.

Edit:
    We have a winner!
    Bank: €18.73

#8:
    The better player, home advantage, frustrating her opponent and a break up so..

Sara Errani to win set 1 @1.11
    Stake: 18.74 To Return: 20.82

if this wins I'll probably have a piece of Isner to beat Hewitt

• Advertisement

Christ, she made hard work of that.. had break points to go 3-0 up, but didn't ended up falling 3-4 behind before eventually winning out 6-4. Opening bank doubled after 8 bets :D

Balance: €20.83

Rain delays in Newport, so will take Errani to finish the match off, H2H is something like 3-0 Errani, in straight sets.

#9:
    Sara Errani @1.10
    Stake: 20.83 To Return: 22.91

Don't think it's particularly good value however but I still expect her to win out.

Edit:
    Another winner!
    Balance: €22.92

#10:

I took this in play and I'd consider it my first ''real'' bet of this log, seeing as its over now I'll link a screenshot of the betslip at the end of this post so ye know its legit.

Derry Matthews @ 3.00
    €22.92 Single Returned: €68.76

Balance: €68.76

tough_day_at_the_office.jpg

#11:
    shot myself in the balls again by missing decent odds taking too long to submit the bet but hey-ho.. As I type he is 3-1 up in the deciding set..

Benjamin Becker v Dudi Sela @1.14
    Stake: €68.76 To Return: €78.58

edit: bet void, sela retired..

#12:
    Carlos Berlocq @ 1.062 in the wonderfully named ATP Bastad
    Stake: €68.76 To Return: €73.06

5-1 up in the final set, I make that value

• Advertisement

I forgot to mention bet #13, it won anyway, I took Halep to finish off a WTA final and she duly delivered., put the 73.06 on @1.10, balance then stood at €80.73

Now for bet #14, I had mentioned yesterday that I'd be taking Isner, the match got delayed due to rain and I missed getting good pre match odds. I've taken him to win in play thou..

John Isner @ 1.36
    Stake: 80.37 To Return: 109.60

John's not coping with the heat very well, just tanked the 2nd set, my only saving grace is hes serving 1st. Not feeling very confident thou.

Advertisement