Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open toe sandals?

Options
  • 13-07-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Are closed toe sandals much better than open toe? The woman in the shoe shop said that open toe are bad as 17 month old would hurt her toes on things.... But the open toe ones would be more breathable? Is there any difference in terms of support?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My now 19 month old has been wearing open toe sandals for the last month or so and while she has fallen a lot (as usual....I think she's trying for the world's fastest baby record!) she hasn't hurt her toes in any way, shape or form.
    I can see that closed toe are more likely to protect her toes, but my daughter's open toe ones have plenty of foot and ankle support. I did choose closed heel ones though. The brand I got was Geox.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

My LO had a few falls in open toe sandals, and she doesn't usually fall. From what I could see she kept catching the top of the sole on the ground as she couldn't feel the top of the sandal on her toes so didn't lift her foot enough to clear the ground if that makes sense?

I got her a pair of Pepino closed toe sandals. The gentleman in the shoe shop advised that once she's used to the open foot feeling and the sandal is getting tight, to cut the toe off the sandal and I'll get a few more weeks out of them. They still fit with room to spare for now but we'll see how they are come the end of Aug/Sept!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I got my 21 month old a pair of clarkes open toe sandals about 3 weeks ago for €20 in the sale. For a day or so she kept tripping, but since then she's been grand. I put socks on with them initially, but stopped in the very hot weather, especially as she'd worn them in a bit.

Advertisement