Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 25 Team Draft

Options
  • 13-07-2013 4:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So lads, i think we will follow Bertys suggestion and the PFL pro and start the league after the week 1 update to the rosters, Ideally kicking off Thursday 5th September.

I think this is a good approach.

The only real remaining question is.. when do you want to do the team draft?
    Before or after M25 comes out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Gotta give people a chance, even if it's only a brief chance, to try some teams and see who suits them. Could do the team draft maybe 1 week after it comes out? Maybe do the draft order a week before that so we can get an idea of what calibre of team will be available, ya know?

Or I'll just take the 49ers, whichever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd go for after the game comes out too, even if it's only a few days after release (I presume most on here will get it on release day anyway).

I thought it was a big help last year in being able to have a bit of time to study teams in detail (cap space, contracts etc) and mess around with teams in friendlies to see if they suit your style etc. I know we'd all have a pretty good idea anyway, but there's always one or two teams you think you might like but just can't adjust to playing with on Madden and vice-versa, or who have cap space that's a bit off compared to in real life.

If you were aiming to start the league on the 5th of September, would the first roster update be out by then? I didn't think that came out until the day after gameweek 1 in the real NFL has been completed, so that would be Tuesday 10th of September.

I like Mikey's idea of a week between release and the draft, and the draft order being released that week. If our league draft order was updated around about the same time as the game is out, that would be a big help, as people would know what sort of teams they can aim to practice with.

Release date over here is usually always the Friday, so would be the 30th of August (27th in the US, damn those Americans always getting new releases 3 days ahead of us :mad:). I'm not sure how long the draft takes or what the format is this year, but it did take around about 5 days last year, so what I would propose is cutting that draft days down a bit and going:

Boards league draft order released - anytime up to/including 30th of August
    Practice/try out week - 30th August to 6th September
    Draft - 6th September to 9th September
    League starts after 1st gameweek update - 10th September

I'd love to start as early as possible, but looking at the bigger picture I think the above works well and would realistically be the earliest we could start allowing for a practice week, draft days and updates, although I could be miles off with what the commissioners/moderators are planning to do!

Another reason I like the September 10th start date is that this is the day that most are back to college, so people in the league who are in college (and there is quiet a few I think) will have got their Xbox and internet set up in their college accommodation and would be ready to go for the season.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Didn't we play some cup competition last year too between release date and the start of the league?
    Gave ppl a chance to try teams outs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    If you were aiming to start the league on the 5th of September, would the first roster update be out by then? I didn't think that came out until the day after gameweek 1 in the real NFL has been completed, so that would be Tuesday 10th of September

Boards league draft order released - anytime up to/including 30th of August
    Practice/try out week - 30th August to 6th September
    Draft - 6th September to 9th September
    League starts after 1st gameweek update - 10th September

Yeah, i was sure the NFL started the weekend before, so i think your schedule is pretty spot on Paully.

The draft is schedule is pretty much done anyway.

What about pre-season? Do people have any interest in doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Melina Salty Nectarine

Pre season was terrible last year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah I'm not a fan tbh, but its a democracy :pac:

Will you be back nerd?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Melina Salty Nectarine

Yeah I'm not a fan tbh, but its a democracy :pac:

Will you be back nerd?

As of now yes but I gota get back from oz first and gota see what the story is with college before I can 100% commit

Just don't wana take up someone else's space and then decide I'm staying

It's very likely I am

Yeah, i was sure the NFL started the weekend before, so i think your schedule is pretty spot on Paully.

The draft is schedule is pretty much done anyway.

What about pre-season? Do people have any interest in doing it?

Do you have the draft order to hand mate? It would be good to get a look, maybe we could get some mock drafts etc done to keep the forum ticking over between the end of the season 3 and release of Madden 25.

Pre-season is pretty boring, but I think it is necessary to do, mainly for the fact that if we simulate it and some elite players get injured it would rightly cause uproar. The roster cuts are also a decent part of it IMO. We could even do it over a four day period to fly through it, one pre-season week per day? Although if there's an option to just skip pre-season altogether perhaps that should be considered?

Paully D wrote: »
    Do you have the draft order to hand mate? It would be good to get a look, maybe we could get some mock drafts etc done to keep the forum ticking over between the end of the season 3 and release of Madden 25.

Pre-season is pretty boring, but I think it is necessary to do, mainly for the fact that if we simulate it and some elite players get injured it would rightly cause uproar. The roster cuts are also a decent part of it IMO. We could even do it over a four day period to fly through it, one pre-season week per day? Although if there's an option to just skip pre-season altogether perhaps that should be considered?

I do, however I've just realised I've left you off it as Shane took over the Chargers :D

On the PFL pre-season is 4 days long and i think that's ideal.
    If players can get games lined up thats great but none will be simmed (and i wont be putting anyone on auto - in case a star player gets cut!)

Once the we advance to the playoffs, I'll release the provisional draft play off.

Everyone not in the play offs at that time will know their pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Will the draft picks be based on people's overall record for 3 seasons. Like last year or just off this season

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    Will the draft picks be based on people's overall record for 3 seasons. Like last year or just off this season

It will be based off their record aslong as they have completed at least 32 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

It will be based off their record aslong as they have completed at least 32 games.

Just to ask, is their overall win percentage or their human opponent win percentage?

We and by we I mean Ben! Hasn't tracked what games were human v human/CPU so it's just a win %

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Will it be weighted towards the amount of seasons complete. As in season 3 participants will be seeded first. Followed by those who completed season 2.

I do, however I've just realised I've left you off it as Shane took over the Chargers :D

Disgraceful! :D

I only played 7 games anyway. 3 wins and 4 losses.

I'm looking forward to building up one of the dross teams I will inevitably get, although to be fair there's a lot of teams at the end of the draft who will be quite capable due to them drafting well in real life and/or doing well in free agency.

empacher wrote: »
    Will it be weighted towards the amount of seasons complete. As in season 3 participants will be seeded first. Followed by those who completed season 2.

Ill be honest, if you've done 32 games or more its your win %. Ben for example shouldn't be penalised cos he went on a J1 and like wise the dolphins shouldn't be either as they've been here for seasons 2 and 3

Advertisement