Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are some wordpress themes better than other for adsense insertion?

Options
  • 13-07-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm in the process of making an information based website using the Gampress wordpress theme.

http://wordpress.org/themes/gamepress

It only has one sidebar and I'm wondering:
    · Whether or not it will work well for emdedding adsense ads.
    · Where, without adding any new code to child theme, can I place adsense ads within this theme?

I have lots of content ready to go but don't want to upload it all if this theme will not work well with adsense.

Any info / advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Maple77 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm in the process of making an information based website using the Gampress wordpress theme.

http://wordpress.org/themes/gamepress

It only has one sidebar and I'm wondering:
    · Whether or not it will work well for emdedding adsense ads.
    · Where, without adding any new code to child theme, can I place adsense ads within this theme?

I have lots of content ready to go but don't want to upload it all if this theme will not work well with adsense.

Any info / advice appreciated. Thanks

Sidebar Widgets/Widgets are probably the way to add it, some themes will have more widget positions than others. Being honest you may need to hack around the code, make your own ad sense positions.
    You can make Wordpress "templates" which are new pages where you can make different positions depending on the page the user is on (you can set these templates when adding/editing pages in WP). A CMS like Joomla may be easier for doing what your after as its more modular, but at the end of the day no template is likely going to suit 100% for your needs, on any platform, without a bit of modification.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

Thanks YOYO,

Not sure if you could help with this but - up to this point have been writing posts/ pages in Word and pasting it into the page form on the dashboard .

So far this has worked out fine - Having heard that I should be pasting using the paste from word tool I have begun using that.

My question is are the posts pages where I cut and pasted directly from word readable for keywords and rankings by search engines?

Or are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks a million

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Maple77 wrote: »
    Thanks YOYO,

Not sure if you could help with this but - up to this point have been writing posts/ pages in Word and pasting it into the page form on the dashboard .

So far this has worked out fine - Having heard that I should be pasting using the paste from word tool I have begun using that.

My question is are the posts pages where I cut and pasted directly from word readable for keywords and rankings by search engines?

Or are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks a million

Meta Keywords are not that important (in fact probably best avoided or limited use), but the meta descriptions can certainly influence search engine's rankings. I use this SEO plugin in Wordpress usually, it's free and has an option to auto generate the meta descriptions (of course, this can be overridden on a post/page basis).
    Just check the "html" view for your pages/posts/content. If you see any weird formatting go back to the visual editor and click the clear formatting button, as yes having redundant word processor oriented tags may confuse search engines and affect overall seo as a result.
    I do believe the newer versions of wordpress's visual editor strips out any non-html formatted code though

Nick

Advertisement