Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cop claims to smell marijuana in car

Options
  • 13-07-2013 6:23pm

crime is afoot

I do not consent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Guy sure sounds stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Feel sorry for the poor kid being raised by such numpties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That cop violated the mans rights. What the cop was supposed to do when a driver does not give consent to search is call in the dog sniffers and only then can the dog sniff the outside of the car not the inside. If the dog acts like it has sniffed out cannabis then only then can the cop search inside the vehicle.

Those cops broke a few laws there themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Stoner: call they lawyer now
    Stoner wife: which one?!

Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Here ffs don't be acting the smart lad when your kid is in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Acting like a complete princess in front of his kid, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

You're giving him post-traumatic stress right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

HELP HELP HELP, call the police,Fu*king knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Did the woman called the child 'Abacus' around 3.47?

Hey folks, at the end of the day, the cops broke the law, so all this funny stuff regarding the driver and his girl & his kid is basically on the hard shoulder, because the man's rights were violated regardless whether he is an ass or not.

ffs all it takes is a simple duckduckgo and you can see the law related to each state of the united states. Some of you here are more in-taking in relation to what the driver is saying and you are disregarding the most important point in this, as in search and seizure.

Man with family has rights, but his rights were trampled on, and also the police that are there to uphold the law, broke the law regarding the united states constitution of freedom of passage.

Don't google it..... duckduckgo it. For peace and mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Driver started screaming like a lil drama queen. What has his objection to his vehicle being searched.

Driver started screaming like a lil drama queen. What has his objection to his vehicle being searched.

You don't seem to understand the law in the states... i already said that the cop violated this man's rights, and it doesn't matter if he was rolling around his car crying and screaming, the fact of the matter is..his rights were violated. As in my previous post i explained it perfectly clear as the police cannot enter your vehicle.
    What the cop was supposed to do when a driver does not give consent to search is call in the dog sniffers and only then can the dog sniff the outside of the car not the inside. If the dog acts like it has sniffed out cannabis then only then can the cop search inside the vehicle.
    What has his objection to his vehicle being searched

He has constitutional rights, that's why. wtf.

Seriously, people need to learn 'at the minimum' their rights. Insane.

Here i am in a little place called Co. Dublin on a tiny Island, and i have to explain to you what rights an american has in regards to their constitution ? well if what i say gets through to 1 american citizen then time well spent. I have duel nationality U.S.A & Ireland and even a dope like me know's my rights in both jurisdictions.

Why am I even posting here. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

zenno wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand the law in the states... i already said that the cop violated this man's rights, and it doesn't matter if he was rolling around his car crying and screaming, the fact of the matter is..his rights were violated. As in my previous post i explained it perfectly clear as the police cannot enter your vehicle.

He has constitutional rights, that's why. wtf.

Seriously, people need to learn 'at the minimum' their rights. Insane.

Here i am in a little place called Co. Dublin on a tiny Island, and i have to explain to you what rights an american has in regards to their constitution ? well if what i say gets through to 1 american citizen then time well spent. I have duel nationality U.S.A & Ireland and even a dope like me know's my rights in both jurisdictions.

My point was his behaviour was the source of upset for his child. Don't give a damn about what the laws are in the states. His reaction is entirely the source of the child becoming upset.

Should have just stepped out of the car and he wouldn't have gotten tazed. Does the cop not have probable cause if he smells drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

zenno wrote: »

Because the NSA have not replied to any of your e-mails.

Should have just stepped out of the car and he wouldn't have gotten tazed. Does the cop not have probable cause if he smells drugs?

No, as stated above, the police cannot enter your vehicle if they think they smell something (that's assuming) , they have to call in the K9 sniffers etc... I find it astonishing in regards to some comments here that some of you think he should have just obeyed to an officer of which was illegally entering and subduing the man and fcuking his constitutional rights out the window.lol. No wonder the states are so banjaxed.

I'm sorry if i sound a bit forceful, but seriously, not one of you here so far has made a comment regarding the man and his family's rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

If an officer or immigration agent asks to look inside your car, you can refuse to consent to the search. But if police believe your car contains evidence of a crime, your car can be searched without your consent.
    http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you#3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can smell marijuana from here.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Can smell marijuana from here.

HUH ? I can't smell anything ?

I can smell rashers in the grill but, ....... no i cant smell a thing. :confused:

What's that smell ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

"We have had our rights violated before"

Yeah, I can understand that. They seem like the type that go out of their way to enforce their rights, forgetting the reasons those rights exist and forcing situations such as this.

As for voilating his rights. For somebody to be so versed in the law(citing from memory), clearly overtly anxious at being searched in the first place and immediately going into pure hysterics at the slightest actions. How could any law enforcement officer walk away from that? They can't.

• Advertisement

"We have had our rights violated before"

Yeah, I can understand that. They seem like the type that go out of their way to enforce their rights, forgetting the reasons those rights exist and forcing situations such as this.

As for voilating his rights. For somebody to be so versed in the law(citing from memory), clearly overtly anxious at being searched in the first place and immediately going into pure hysterics at the slightest actions. How could any law enforcement officer walk away from that? They can't.

No doubt about it, he could have conducted himself a bit better and that might have helped him as an exchange of intelligent communication.

Advertisement