Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dt 125 trouble

• 13-07-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey huys recntly got m hands on a yamaha dt 125 x engine loom etc, i think its 01, problem is now i am not getting any spark, it is turning over and all just not a jot out of the spark, where do i start checking with voltmeter to rule out bad components? what i found strange was at first i had a bit of spark, but it was only one spark when you start turning over the engine not continuos ( as in no matter how long you turn over it only sparks the once, but when you stop and turn over again it sparks once again and thats it) but now i get nothing at all thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its defnitly b0rked mate.

Get thee a new sparkle plug and some fresh fuel, try to start it repeatedly and pull the plug out to check it is wet with fuel. One spark does not a full combustion cycle make. Did it ever start for you? If yes, then its not suddenly developed a complex electrical fault. Fuel? Compression? Dead badger in the airbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dt125 trouble

no it never started since ive had it, like i say it was just sparking the once which i couldnt understand and i knew this wasnt enough, but surely this is a symptom of something deteriorating? but now its doing nothing no spark whatsoever ive tried this spark plug in another one and its sparking no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Is the flywheel slipping on the end of the crank?
    If the key shears it can spin around.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Is the flywheel slipping on the end of the crank?
    If the key shears it can spin around.

not that i know of mate i would check this how?

not that i know of mate i would check this how?
    Take the cover off and see when you kick it over if it is slipping.
    If you have a timing light it should also show you where its firing.

• Advertisement

Take the cover off and see when you kick it over if it is slipping.
    If you have a timing light it should also show you where its firing.

the left hand cover is it? it is electric start, dont have a timing light though

hey guys ive been studying wiring diagram on the 125 x, trying to figure out the sidestand switch now as it might be reason getting no spark, anyway i have 2 black and white wires 1 for sidestand other for clutch, only thing is its showing me on diagram to connect them to anti-theft alarm which is an optional thing by the looks of it, i dont have one with my loom, anyone any ideas where it would connect too then?

Is the engine in the bike or is it on a bench?

Is the engine in the bike or is it on a bench?

on a bench mate....

They are probably earthed and when the contact is broken the bike won't start.
    Try connecting the sidestand and clutch wires to negative/earth and see if it fires up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement