Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Lisdoonvarna poster 1980

• 13-07-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

It's a long shot but I'm trying to get my hands on the 1980 poster for the Lisdoonvarna Festival. If anyone has one or knows where they can get one, please get in touch.

Cash waiting or have some really nice music posters/autographs/memorabilia I would trade for it. Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Fsehnagorg

I have seen la few photos of it, fields and fields of A frame tents. Was that the year that there was a fight with security? Some back patch bike club took on the roll of security and had a bike burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ger_r

Hi Fsehnagorg,

that sounds like 1981 mate. Have it.

The fights were 83 I think, the last one.

Here's a pic of the 1980...if anyone has it please get in touch!!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Either Flannigans pub or the 19th in Lahinch used to have all of them on their walls. Might be worth a look.

Cheers Finbar!
    I'll be down that way later in the month I'll knock in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The attached are shots of the 81 and 82 posters. 81 was quite nice but the 82 one was very ordinary. Can't remember what the 80 one was like unfortunately.

• Advertisement

thanks ollaetta!
    Yes I completely agree about the 82 one.
    Definitely the weakest of them all :)
    Still want to complete the collection though.
    Here's the 1980.
    2012-07-21 03.32.26.jpg
    Are those from your collection? PM me if they're for sale!
    Ger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Had an idea the 80 one was that colour scheme alright. Brings back some memories for sure. Don't think I was ever as wet in my life!

To be honest my two posters are in rag order. Stuck too many times on too many walls. Keep meaning to get them properly framed.

Wow! Always love to hear stories of Lisdoon!!!

Your posters are fine considering their age. My 1979 one has really been through the wars :p

Yeah they look great framed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

The owner of the Royal Spa pub in Lisdoonvarna was one of the organisers of the festival and there are lots of photos posters etc on the walls. One of the photos is of two teenagers sticking their heads out of a tent. A few years ago a middle aged married couple from Drogheda/Dundalk direction came in to the bar and were amazed to see their photo on the wall.

That's a great story Mary!! Indeed it's in the Royal Spa that I first fell in love with the posters about 5 years ago. I now have all but the 1980 one.

I've some Hare Krishna friends and they can't believe the photo on the wall of the Royal Spa of the Hare Krishna bus at one of the festivals!

I've been in the Royal Spa a good few times since, but never wanted to bug Paddy about the posters. I'll be down there next week to see Christy, so if he wants to bug me about it, he's very very welcome haha!

Thanks for sharing that Mary. I love to hear about Lisdoon...

• Advertisement

Still looking for the 1980 Lisdoonvarna poster! Get in touch if have one! thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Moves from Midwest

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Great memories of simple times. The hells angles were from Waterford if I remember correctly. Times will never be the same was in Lisdoon yesterday can barely remember where the concerts were held. Maybe having such a good time back than enjoying being young its all a bit of a blur lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There's a small Ska/Reggae Festival on sometime next month in Lisdoon. It should be a nice chilled out one. I'd love to go but I think it's the same weekend as the U.F.C is on in Dublin which takes precedence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ger_r wrote: »
    Still looking for the 1980 Lisdoonvarna poster! Get in touch if have one! thanks

Is this the one you are looking for..
    Sorry I don't have one, but had a rummage on the interweb to see the old posters and found this.
    lisdoo3rd.gif?w=840&h=409

Thanks K!

Here's a link to the poster I'm after. This one is from Paul Brady's collection.

It's on twitter.com

/paulbradysongs/status/5748186680

Thanks again for the lookout!!

Ger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Scar001

Might not be of any use but there used be a selection of framed posters in Eugene's Bar in Ennistymon.
    Think Rory Gallagher and Van Morrision were mentioned.
    Over 10 years since I was there last.

Thanks Scar!
    I'll drop in this summer :)

Advertisement