Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will N router solve the problem?

• 13-07-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I work from a home office in the garden. The broadband router supplied by BT over 2 years ago is located here. However it does not reach the rooms on far side of house.

Would a Belkin N router cover a distance of 120 feet to give everyone in the family wi fi access?

Thanks in advance
    DH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

why not run a cat5e cable to a router in the house but make the router a wireless access point. It does not have to be a brand new router either. 120 feet is 37metres and you can buy a cable for 40m. not dear.

its just an idea, ie its what I would do. look at done deal for very good and cheap routers as fibre bb has made a few redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If running the cable is a problem then the next best thing is a pair of power plugs and a second wifi router at the other end. Don't forget to use alternate channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

If running the cable is a problem then the next best thing is a pair of power plugs and a second wifi router at the other end. Don't forget to use alternate channels.

^ this
    Homeplug is awesome, way better than N type router, altho you can even combine both.

I've made a video showing how it works by using cheap old routers lying around the house. Hope it helps your decision. Best of luck.

Advertisement