Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Transaction Fees Offer

Options
  • 13-07-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I read today that the [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]No Transaction Fees Offer is to be discontinued. So even if I lodge 3000 euro I still have to pay 5 euro Administration fee each quarter. That means I will probably change to another bank. I believe Bank of Ireland will lose many customers by this change. [/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

ericbos wrote: »
    I read today that the [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]No Transaction Fees Offer is to be discontinued. So even if I lodge 3000 euro I still have to pay 5 euro Administration fee each quarter. That means I will probably change to another bank. I believe Bank of Ireland will lose many customers by this change. [/font]
    The offer was never attractive. You had to maintain a three grand minimum balance at all times, not just lodge three grand. I think BoI are actually trying to get out of retail banking at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ericbos,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our No Transaction Fees offer is still available. Customers who maintain a minimum credit balance of €3000 in their Personal Current Account throughout the full fee quarter will not be charged current account transaction fees. The maintenance fee will be charged as it is not part of this offer.

Thanks
    Tara
    ericbos wrote: »
    I read today that the No Transaction Fees Offer is to be discontinued. So even if I lodge 3000 euro I still have to pay 5 euro Administration fee each quarter. That means I will probably change to another bank. I believe Bank of Ireland will lose many customers by this change.

Advertisement