Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P. Cory monteith star of Glee

• 14-07-2013 6:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Passed away according to sky news. I had heard that he had addiction issues but sad to see him pass away at such an early age. It has not yet been determined whether it was his addiction that killed him or not, but whatever the cause it will come out in time.

So sad really, he had the rest of his life ahead of him with so many opportunities.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Really shocked at this news this morning. Another talent gone far too soon. RIP Cory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Anniebell wrote: »
    Really shocked at this news this morning. Another talent gone far too soon. RIP Cory

Yeah I am not a big fan of Glee but I did like him on the show. I could not believe how old he was :eek: I knew they were older but no idea some of them were in their thirties (Not the time for this converstation). He had issues with drugs and drink, he was in rehab this year and also at nineteen. The police said there is no foul play in the cause of death, so does that mean that drugs did not come into play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

deisedave wrote: »
    Yeah I am not a big fan of Glee but I did like him on the show. I could not believe how old he was :eek: I knew they were older but no idea some of them were in their thirties (Not the time for this converstation). He had issues with drugs and drink, he was in rehab this year and also at nineteen. The police said there is no foul play in the cause of death, so does that mean that drugs did not come into play?

No, it means that nobody else was involved in his death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Only 31. That's so young.

Genuinely shocked and saddened to hear this.

• Advertisement

deisedave wrote: »

It means nobody else is thought to be involved.

I saw the glee live show two years ago & they were all incredibly talented singers. I remember being surprised at how much older he and one of the other guys were when I found out as well but it's not unusual for a teen show. Dawson's Creek the original 90210 were the worst culprits!

The glee cast all seemed like they got on well so I can only imagine how devastated they are today losing a friend, not to mention Lea Michele who he was in a relationship with, not sure if they were still together though.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

I was shocked to hear this. I don't want glee anymore but I did like him in it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wow, shocked at this! RIP Cory

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

OMG!!!!!...i am totally stunned at this news, Lea must be in bits!!
    Can the show continue after this?

RIP....Finn was a great character.

From the gist, it sounds like an unintentional OD....or perhaps a heart attack due to his prior drug use?

The fanbase are in mouring....god bless him and his family, Lea.....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Shocked to wake up to this news. Always a shame when someone dies so young. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Shocked to hear this, and he was so young - only 31 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Shocking stuff, just found out via FB and immediately went googling to find out if it was true. He always seemed like such a nice guy and I always really liked how he spoke to openly about his addiction issues. Such a pity as he was really talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was so shocked to hear about this! RIP, his poor family and friends must be reeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Wow! Honestly thought this was another hoax, doesn't seem real. I'm really shocked by his death. Thoughts are with family and friends. Hope Cory's at peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

any update as to how he died?...od?, heart attack?...unknown?

any update as to how he died?...od?, heart attack?...unknown?

Some reports stating that alcohol and other substances were in found in the hotel room

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

He was in rehab only a few months ago - and had faced previous battles with addiction. Himself and Lea were apparently about to get very serious with talks of him moving in, his car is still at her house, whereas she is in Mexico.

He was out with his friends but returned to his hotel room alone in the early hours of the morning - autopsy is to be conducted today to determine the exact cause of death

He was in rehab only a few months ago - and had faced previous battles with addiction. Himself and Lea were apparently about to get very serious with talks of him moving in, his car is still at her house, whereas she is in Mexico.

He was out with his friends but returned to his hotel room alone in the early hours of the morning - autopsy is to be conducted today to determine the exact cause of death

• Advertisement

OMG!!!!!...i am totally stunned at this news, Lea must be in bits!!
    Can the show continue after this?

RIP....Finn was a great character.

I don't know how Lea could go back to the show tbh, she meet Cory on set and Finchel were the main end game couple of the show

Filming on Season 5 was to start soon don't think it will happen now

Source TV Line

Cory Monteith died from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," according to an initial autopsy report conducted by the British Columbia Coroner's Office

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source TV Line

Cory Monteith died from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," according to an initial autopsy report conducted by the British Columbia Coroner's Office

Just logged in to post this.

Have to say I'm completely shocked at the heroin. Dumb question, but can it kill you if it's your first time using it or is it a build-up in your system?

Devastated for his family, friends and Lea.

Another talented man's life wasted.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Heroin, Jesus... Just goes to show how well some can hide it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

How awful! Must have been one time too much. He had loads to live for but just couldn't defeat his demons. What the hell was going through his head??!?

Heard those crazies at Westboro Baptist Church want to picket at Cory's funeral! Seriously, these people are the worst kind!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Anniebell wrote: »
    Just logged in to post this.

Have to say I'm completely shocked at the heroin. Dumb question, but can it kill you if it's your first time using it or is it a build-up in your system?

Devastated for his family, friends and Lea.

Another talented man's life wasted.

RIP

I always wondered that to so not a stupid question :).

It can kill you anytime one bad batch and thats it.

I only seen now on sky hes dead very say for another young life waisted to drugs. R.I.P

Theory is....his body no longer had the tolerance it had once he was off it awhile. But he took the same dose as he did when his body had developed a tolerance.

As such he OD'd....very sad, another life wasted to the scurge of drugs in our society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The period just after a rehab is always the most dangerous, apparently. As was said before, in rehab your body goes back to a relatively normal state, but then addicts come out of rehab, relapse and think they can still take the same amount as before, but their body's tolerance has dropped while they were clean, thus they overdose.

That all said, I'm pretty surprised it was heroin he was on. I was almost sure it was going to be something related to prescription medication, a Heath Ledger-type situation.

Really very sad. Often drug and alcohol are crutches that mask underlying problems. A real tragedy that he couldn't seem to find some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Judge74

Very sad, RIP

• Advertisement

Lea tweeted a personal photograph of herself with Monteith, adding: "Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart."
    showbiz-lea-cory-1.jpg

Advertisement