Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Non-Drinking Groups in Limerick

• 14-07-2013 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been living in Limerick on and off for nearly four years but have been up here full time two years, and find that my social life is non-existant. I do not drink myself and find it very difficult to find any social events or groups in the area. Life can be lonely and difficult with out any social supports, I miss the simple things like calling to a friend for a cup of tea. I left my home town as all that was going on was alcohol and drug taking and I had plenty of friends, who I cut out of my life. Limerick has been very good to me as I have a fantastic girlfiend, a education and employment. Lately due to isolation and no social outlet I find myself feeling down and that is a road I do not want to take, I want to settle down and build a nice life for myself but lately Im just wondering what the point I feel as I might as well be living in Australia. Sorry for thae rant thats what is going on for me , if onyone can direct me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    G. Marty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

gmarty wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been living in Limerick on and off for nearly four years but have been up here full time two years, and find that my social life is non-existant. I do not drink myself and find it very difficult to find any social events or groups in the area. Life can be lonely and difficult with out any social supports, I miss the simple things like calling to a friend for a cup of tea. I left my home town as all that was going on was alcohol and drug taking and I had plenty of friends, who I cut out of my life. Limerick has been very good to me as I have a fantastic girlfiend, a education and employment. Lately due to isolation and no social outlet I find myself feeling down and that is a road I do not want to take, I want to settle down and build a nice life for myself but lately Im just wondering what the point I feel as I might as well be living in Australia. Sorry for thae rant thats what is going on for me , if onyone can direct me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    G. Marty

Try meetup.com to see if anything interests you. Maybe try to take up something that doesn't centre around alcohol like doing a night course, playing sport, hill walking club, charity work/volunteering. You have to make it happen for yourself. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement