Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

race / good wheels

Options
  • 14-07-2013 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

i want a second set of wheels to put race tyres on, rather than having to change them,
    what are a reasonable set.. i see mavic krysium highly reccomended, any others as they are very expensive.. or would anything be an improvement on the wheels that came with the bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

woody1 wrote: »
    i want a second set of wheels to put race tyres on, rather than having to change them,
    what are a reasonable set.. i see mavic krysium highly reccomended, any others as they are very expensive.. or would anything be an improvement on the wheels that came with the bike

What is your budget to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

300-350 ? maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I got the Ksyrium elites recently as a new trainer and love it! Id been using Aksiums for about 4 years and feel a fairly big step up on the Ksyriums. they just feel more solid. Got them cheap here - http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/20/mavic-ksyrium-elite

thanks ! tempting but it was more an enquiry towards a longer term purchase.. if i spent 30 quid on wheels at the moment i might be divorced, but over the winter / before next season starts it feasible..

• Advertisement

woody1 wrote: »
    thanks ! tempting but it was more an enquiry towards a longer term purchase.. if i spent 30 quid on wheels at the moment i might be divorced, but over the winter / before next season starts it feasible..

You need to start hiding your purchases and rounding down prices, that is what we all do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

mloc123 wrote: »
    You need to start hiding your purchases and rounding down prices, that is what we all do :)

Yup. My wife (:eek:) is quite short, so I hide things on the higher shelves. Latest is a pair of winter cycling boots that were discounted on CRC :D

thats fine for small purchases.. wheels will be noticed, not least cos il be broke after it..she's semi into this craic herself.. ( in fairness she bought my wetsuit for me ) so she'd notice the different wheels on the bike

Advertisement