Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp's nest

• 14-07-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,
    Anyway tips for getting rid of a wasp's nest in the garden? - they are currently trying to use a bird box as a starting point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Dynamo7 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Anyway tips for getting rid of a wasp's nest in the garden? - they are currently trying to use a bird box as a starting point.

You can buy sprays for about 10 Euro. Follow directions carefully. Only spray early morning or late evening when the wasps are back in the nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dynamo7

Nice one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Dynamo7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Ive used both spray snd dust and found that the dust worked better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

just be careful dude they dont sting ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Spray seems the best bet. Just got rid of a nest myself that had started in my dogs kennel.

Wait until around dusk to spray the nest as that is when the majority of the wasps will be in it.

Be careful not to get stung...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Traced a nest to dog kennel too, poor dog, have placed a galvanised bucket of smoking damp paper in to prove that the nest was there, it was, returned a while later and turned kennel onto side, wazzies are not happy now,
    Will leave it for now until I get the spray or powder and hopefully that will finish them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Just went back to turn the kennel a little bit more with shovel so door would be open and I could look in, holy ****, the thing is bigger than a full size football:eek:
    I can't resist now, will land a bucket of water in on top of it and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Just went back to turn the kennel a little bit more with shovel so door would be open and I could look in, holy ****, the thing is bigger than a full size football:eek:
    I can't resist now, will land a bucket of water in on top of it and see what happens

Throwing water on the nest is more likely to cause damage but scatter the nest but enough may survive to attack you. I would recommend an evening approach with a smoking gun (+ spray as back up).

Advertisement