Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roth 2013 - Follow The Irish Today

Options
  • 14-07-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw it up here, a big group of Irish racing in Roth today

Follow here

To follow just select Ireland from the "nation" drop down box, from there you can click on your favourites.

Ruaidhri Geraghty, Tom O' Dowd, Wayne Reid and Rob Cummins were just 4 of the ones I was looking at. Geraghty seems to be going very well indeed. He is just on the run, which I consider his strongest discipline and provided he has paced the bike well he could well go sub 9:15. Although the for last 27km he averaged 42km/hr...he might have to pay the piper later. The first 3.7km of the run he has averaged 4:08/km....seems a tad to eager to me but I will certainly be shouting for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Theres a good few from Galway doing it this year although I would expect Geraghty will be well ahead of the others from the club, but I would expect the two Arthurs to go well too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I actually see that everyone is putting in a fast last 27km so it just must be a very fast section. Cummins, O'Dowd, Reid all out on the run now too. RG still going well, through 12.5km with an ave pace of 4:11/km, seriously fast and surely too fast as the temp reaches 26 degrees. Hopefully he can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Eoin Reville is the one to watch, possible sub 9 on and a nice refund of some of the entry fee ;-)

Bambaata wrote: »
    Eoin Reville is the one to watch, possible sub 9 on and a nice refund of some of the entry fee ;-)

Wow, going very well, never heard of him! Added to my favs now though!

Getting tough now for RG, at the 31.5km marker now for the run and is clocking 4:50/km pace, still sub 9:15 is on even if he drops to 5/km pace. For EL he seems to be managing his pacing better but he is slowing too but sub 9 still on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

yes looks like the heat is on, Wayne Reid is gone right out, Geragthy is coming back in a little

9:04 finish for Eoin Reville. :o

9:14 for RG! Seems like WR is going through hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Wow, going very well, never heard of him! Added to my favs now though!

The Australian contingent of Phoenix, grew up with him and got into the sport with him way back when. Emigrated a few years ago. He has done Kona a few times. Looking forward to getting kicked around on the bike (and in the pub) by him next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Anyone know why O'Dowd got disqualified?

Great performances from Reville and Geraghty. :cool: I thought Geraghty would go sub 9. I believe it's definitely in him.

Nice to see a couple of other Irish going sub 10 too.

• Advertisement

Reville and his Aussie mates on Slowtwitch at Roth

74569-large_2013ChallengeRothDay3-6.jpg

He is on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

pgibbo wrote: »
    Anyone know why O'Dowd got disqualified?

Not entirely sure, it looked from the note beside his results that he didn't take a penalty (my lack of knowledge regarding German and the German triathlon regulation code would leave me put a big question mark beside that interpretation however!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ronanmac wrote: »
    Not entirely sure, it looked from the note beside his results that he didn't take a penalty (my lack of knowledge regarding German and the German triathlon regulation code would leave me put a big question mark beside that interpretation however!)

I know in Austria 70.3 if you were yellow carded on the bike you stopped in a draft penalty area. If you were carded and did not stop in the area it was a DSQ. Could be the same setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

tunney wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting kicked around on the bike (and in the pub) by him next weekend.

Ah here, he can't have it both ways (can he?). Congratulate him for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

tunney wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting kicked around on the bike (and in the pub) by him next weekend.

So next Mondays mail to your coach will read something like....

Tried to hang with an animal on the bike at the weekend. VMO's are blown so no biking for a while ;):D

pgibbo wrote: »
    So next Mondays mail to your coach will read something like....

Tried to hang with an animal on the bike at the weekend. VMO's are blown so no biking for a while ;):D

Good point, forgot to email Rich

(although with a new arrival in the house I doubt he is too fussed :) )

Advertisement