Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rucksack for climbing

Options
  • 14-07-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for a rucksack for climbing?
    I'm looking for something around 30-35L size, lightweight, and with enough pockets and loops to hold all my gear.

Ideally it would have somewhere dedicated for my helmet, but that's not completely necessary.
    Also, would really prefer top opening so I can carry my rope under the flap.

This is my first time looking at rucksacks in many years, and the choice out there is pretty vast. If anyone has one that they use and would recommend that would give me something to start on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Sorry cannot give you a direct starting point (I am in the market for a rucksack too and agree the choice is huge) but this page may help.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/list.php?q=rucksacks

I also find the staff at Snow and Rock in Dundrum tend to know their stuff...in particular a guy called Tom is very good if he is still there. I am sure that Great outdoors and Basecamp can also offer good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

:)53 degrees north in Carrickmines seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

Like a good a pair of boots the best bag you'll get is the one that fits comfortably. For that your best bet is a bricks and mortar shop. You don't have to buy there but at the very least find something that is comfortable.

53 degrees north has been mentioned. Otherwise a day walking round the city centre might be useful - the great outdoors just off Grafton street, the outdoor adventure store on Liffey street or there a are a few camping shops in and around Mary street that might be worth dropping into.

Advertisement