Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tatoo parlour reviews

Options
  • 14-07-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys im dyin 2 get a tat 4 a long time i hav 1 but its small 1 i want is large dwn 1 side of my back frm top 2 almost bottom of back its all bright colour wit planets mostly colour v little black lukim 4 advice i got price 400 frm captains ink new shop tallaght wonderin if any1 knws dem r had tats frm dem i really wana research dis cant get it dun frm any oul gob****e tanx guys x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kris Barnas in Wildcat is currently doing an awesome space piece. Worth checking him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Getting rid of the text speak might help, too. That was seriously difficult to read.

Aside from looking at Kris Barnas, look at Rob Mulligan in Colourworks if it's going to be mainly in colour. I wouldn't personally recommend Captain's Ink for a piece as big as what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jess.becks

tanks so much guys your info was really helpful im sort of in the habit of text writing i do it so much.gona head into town on a mission to find a great tattooist very soon if u have any more ideas let me know there much appreciated im new on boards so bare with me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

jess.becks wrote: »
    tanks so much guys your info was really helpful im sort of in the habit of text writing i do it so much.gona head into town on a mission to find a great tattooist very soon if u have any more ideas let me know there much appreciated im new on boards so bare with me :)

To be honest you could narrow your search down a lot quicker by using Facebook and Google. Just google for Dublin tattoo studios and then use Facebook (or whatever they use) to browse their galleries.

Ive been on fb google ask the lot all last week got loads of info have narrowed it down to wildcat,snakebite,colour works and spilled ink.if u can give me ur opinions on which ones best suited to a realism style colour tat id appreciate it.i read there are over 85 tattoo parlours in ireland so i havn't done 2 bad

• Advertisement

Ive been on fb google ask the lot all last week got loads of info have narrowed it down to wildcat,snakebite,colour works and spilled ink.if u can give me ur opinions on which ones best suited to a realism style colour tat id appreciate it.i read there are over 85 tattoo parlours in ireland so i havn't done 2 bad

Honestly, all of those studios are very good, and I wouldn't have a bad word to say about any of them.

For realism, I'd maybe go with Rob Mulligan, or Kris, both suggested above. Really though, you wouldn't be going wrong in any of those studios, they're all top notch.

Tanxs so much for all ur help u know your stuff i just wanted someones elses opinion that had experience with tattoos i know what direction im heading in now anyway so a tanx again i cant give much advice on tattoos but if u have gardening probs im your girl :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi guys im dyin 2 get a tat 4 a long time i hav 1 but its small 1 i want is large dwn 1 side of my back frm top 2 almost bottom of back its all bright colour wit planets mostly colour v little black lukim 4 advice i got price 400 frm captains ink new shop tallaght wonderin if any1 knws dem r had tats frm dem i really wana research dis cant get it dun frm any oul gob****e tanx guys x
    Tanxs so much for all ur help u know your stuff i just wanted someones elses opinion that had experience with tattoos i know what direction im heading in now anyway so a tanx again i cant give much advice on tattoos but if u have gardening probs im your girl :-)

My head hurts even trying to read these.

Why would your head hurt if u cant read a little short txt forget it i wonder about people somtimes you be nice and you get crap like that back

Why would your head hurt if u cant read a little short txt forget it i wonder about people somtimes you be nice and you get crap like that back

I'm not being smart here at all, and I hope you know that 'cause I tried to give you advice and suggestions on artists, but -

The reason it hurts some peoples' heads to read a load of text speak is simply because loads of us don't use it. I've never used text speak, and none of my friends or family do, so when I read it, to be honest I'm squinting at the screen, trying to make out what the person is saying and yes, it DOES hurt your head a bit trying to figure it out, because you can't just read easily through it like you could with a post written without text speak. Aside from that, it's a site-wide rule on boards that text speak isn't allowed.

Again, not having a go, because I read and responded to your posts, just explaining it from Hellrazer's point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

It's nothing personal. It's just the lack of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation, otherwise it's okay. Regardless, enjoy your tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

That and you have a full keyboard in front of you, don't have any reason to use text speak as I believe the boards limit is like five thousand characters oh and boards also frowns upon text speak

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

clicked on the thread to give advice but as the ppl said above it actuall hurts trying to read those "words" but good luck

just make sure you never get a lettering tattoo!!

Ok well thats fine now you explained short text isnt used on forums wish someone had told me that

clicked on the thread to give advice but as the ppl said above it actuall hurts trying to read those "words" but good luck

just make sure you never get a lettering tattoo!!

You just used text speak yourself in that post so I don't see how you can criticise her for it.

Ok well thats fine now you explained short text isnt used on forums wish someone had told me that

Yeah, some people don't react too well to it! :p can't wait to see the tattoo when it's done though :) make sure you post a picture :)

He
    HELLO PEOPLE i can spell perfectly does anyone on this forum know what short text is? People have been using short hand writing for years its just a quick way of writing are u all thick or what well obviously you are if u dont know fast text thought this was a good forum its proving not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

He
    HELLO PEOPLE i can spell perfectly does anyone on this forum know what short text is? People have been using short hand writing for years its just a quick way of writing are u all thick or what well obviously you are if u dont know fast text thought this was a good forum its proving not the case

I see grammar isn't a big thing either. If you are sitting down in front of a computer online, on a forum, you are clearly not in a rush anywhere so there is no need for text speak.

Also most people stop using it once they are older than 14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

He

This is a great forum for those seeking advice, information and opinion. Big emphasis on OPINION. You're not exactly helping yourself by calling us thick. We simply pointed out the difficulties your posts are causing to those of us who prefer to write cohesive and complete sentences. By the way, you forgot to punctuate your post again. It doesn't matter though, with your abrasive personality you won't be here too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He

Right, please stop with both the txtspk and the aggression now. Consider this a warning.

Could the rest of you please stop picking on this too, if you have a problem with a post/poster, simply report the post and leave it to Hellrazer and myself to deal with.

• Advertisement

im not being aggressive at all just sick of certain people going on and on about the same thing just get on with it!
    :mad::(:(

Actually i'm 35 and all of my family and lots of friends of all ages use short text none of them are 14 by the way ridiculous comment.You people are not very nice on this forum,By the way ur comment that i won't last long here well i'm sorry but there's no reason why i won't.i have as much right to b here as any of you.Don't know if i want to stay on it though so far sum people are very rude

Actually i'm 35 and all of my family and lots of friends of all ages use short text none of them are 14 by the way ridiculous comment.You people are not very nice on this forum,By the way ur comment that i won't last long here well i'm sorry but there's no reason why i won't.i have as much right to b here as any of you.Don't know if i want to stay on it though so far sum people are very rude

I don't really understand why you're arguing so much. Myself and another poster explained why text speak isn't looked kindly upon on boards, and it's a site-wide rule not to use it. At the end of the day, I'll personally still read and respond to something written in text speak, but it's a pain in the arse to do it, and most people here won't respond kindly to it, because it's against the rules and it's annoying to read. Text speak is fine in texts, but these posts aren't texts...

Thank you I will def put a picture of my tattoo up.I have an appointment in Wildcat Ink with Rachael Green on Sunday i'm so excited can't wait.If anyone has had tattoos from Rachael let me know how you got on

Not arguing it's my opinion i thought that was what this was all about please everyone don't mention short text again boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Thank you I will def put a picture of my tattoo up.I have an appointment in Wildcat Ink with Rachael Green on Sunday i'm so excited can't wait.If anyone has had tattoos from Rachael let me know how you got on

Rachael McCracken*. Rachael is a lovely girl with a very strong portfolio. You're in capable hands.

I really doubt Rachel Green has gotten in to tattooing. :p

rachel_green.jpg

Someone on here said her name was rachael green they obviously mixed her up with somone else.Her name is rachael mcCracken and she's really lovely,i had my first appointment with her on sunday and she did the first half of my tattoo.It turned out fab im really looking forward to my next appointment.

Wait... YOU said her name was Rachel green, and adiboo corrected you. :confused: Nobody else called her Rachel Green. hope it looks nice when it's finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Wow I went to school with Rachael McCracken, she sat behind me in English and used to have all these amazing drawings in her notebook! She seems to be doing really well now, that's great! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement