Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant grassthingy id

• 14-07-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭

Anyone know what this is, sorry its a bit out of focus, bad with camera's. It grows straight up about 3 to 4 feet. Sheds outer skin as it grows, dies off and new ones come up next year. No branches or leaves off the stem just straight up. The brown thing on top isn't soft but hard and rubbery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

wreade1872 wrote: »
    Anyone know what this is, sorry its a bit out of focus, bad with camera's. It grows straight up about 3 to 4 feet. Sheds outer skin as it grows, dies off and new ones come up next year. No branches or leaves off the stem just straight up. The brown thing on top isn't soft but hard and rubbery.

I'd wonder would it be some sort of Allium..
    But TBH its hard to tell :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

can you get an in focus shot of the flowers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Nice call! i think i have Hair in my garden. Found this http://www.bhg.com/gardening/flowers/bulbs/alliums-for-your-garden/#page=13

except mine doesn't have the spindly bits sticking out like in the picture through the link but the bulby bit definitely looks like it thanks :D .

I'll try to get a better pic later.

Advertisement