Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to convince my "PC" brother?

Options
  • 14-07-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello guys, I am a PC gamer since 12 years now... I always had a playstation 1, 2 and 3 at home however I never played it to much. With the new gen consoles, I decide that I will be moving completely to PS4 platform. The problem is that I always play games with my brother and he don't want to leave his monster PC (build by me -.-") How to convince him to the right side?

He told me that he want to stay with PC cuz:
    - PC games are cheaper, steam discounts are crazy.
    - Better graphic on PC.
    - lague of legend

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

i would just start with trying to convince him that he can play both. then hopefully for you he decides he prefers the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mssg wrote: »
    Hello guys, I am a PC gamer since 12 years now... I always had a playstation 1, 2 and 3 at home however I never played it to much. With the new gen consoles, I decide that I will be moving completely to PS4 platform. The problem is that I always play games with my brother and he don't want to leave his monster PC (build by me -.-") How to convince him to the right side?

He told me that he want to stay with PC cuz:
    - PC games are cheaper, steam discounts are crazy.
    - Better graphic on PC.
    - lague of legend

What's your argument for him going to PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

With the three issues you mentioned you cant argue with him.

the only thing that will convince him is if the exclusives are good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Your Brother looks like a smart one in this conflict! :pac:

No really m8. You are PC gamer yourself, you know all the advantages of PC gaming. To make it worse, we dont know the real life performance of new consoles and how advanced those will be in real world. All multiplatform games will be better on PC and you got a lot of exclusive stuff on PC too. So far there are only few exclusive games on PS4, which are not even that cool, so complete switch is not worth it.

Dont understand me wrong, I love ps4 and I got it preordered, but I am still 100% cold blooded PC gamer. I would never ever go fully to console, so I understand your brother.
    What should you better do, is to get him to buy PS4 as an additional gaming device. He is your brother, so you could easily get him some vouchers for Gamestop, so he will be forced to buy Ps4 too. ;).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Mssg wrote: »

That smiley is about the sum of arguments for PS4 being better than PC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I would never ever go fully to console

Exactly, never go full retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

What's your argument for him going to PS4?
    With the three issues you mentioned you cant argue with him.
    the only thing that will convince him is if the exclusives are good enough.

Well, I told him that:
    - PC games are cheaper but only like 5-10 euros but we will be able to get 1 game for both of us so we save a lot! + used console games are cheaper than most steam sales.
    - Exclusive games, there is so much great games that we miss this year just because those were console exclusives...
    - He love to play MMOs so I told him that there is good chance that new gen consoles will bring a lot of MMO games... we already know about EOS and The Division. In my opinion, blizzard is working on super MMO for PC and Consoles.

@ShadowHearth
    Oh well :D ofc I will still play some games on PC (MOBA or MMOS) but in my opinion, now days most games are just converted from console to PC because console market is way way bigger. But you already give me an idea for Christmas gift :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I don't understand though.

Do you want him to sell the PC?

ofc noo, the problem is that he just dont want to talk or try console. Talking with him is like talking with empty wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I presume after so many years of PC gaming he has also acumulated a large catalog of games, and you're basically asking him to throw them all away?

• Advertisement

haha, Okey guys, he saw me posting on the forum :> He said that he will try new console :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first year of the consoles existence is going to be miserable. There's really no point jumping aboard until the good stuff comes to the system later down the road especially when you have a PC that will be playing all the good 3rd party stuff much better without having to pay to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

you are fighting a losing battle :p

Advertisement