Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 14-07-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dear Dubliners!

I moving to Dublin in August, I will be working in Belgard Road. I would love to live in the city centre but it will take me way too much time :/ . I would like to take 30 mins to work max! Could you please recommend me good places to live that are like a middle ground between the city centre and Belgard Road?

Another question is, what areas should I avoid ( dangerous zones and all that ).

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

xDer wrote: »
    Dear Dubliners!

I moving to Dublin in August, I will be working in Belgard Road. I would love to live in the city centre but it will take me way too much time :/ . I would like to take 30 mins to work max! Could you please recommend me good places to live that are like a middle ground between the city centre and Belgard Road?

Another question is, what areas should I avoid ( dangerous zones and all that ).

Thank you!

Does the red line Luas go through belgard? My brother gets from Hueston to citywest in 50 mins so belgard would be doable in 30.
    Alternatively rathmibes, terenure, rathgar are all nice areas in the middle of the two.
    Without knowing your rental budget I don't know where would be best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Why not try tallaght itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, Harolds Cross are all convenient for buses to Tallaght and at the same time handy for a run to the city centre.
    The Luas Red Line goes to Tallaght but a lot of skangers frequent it.
    Certain parts of Tallaght are fine if you want to live out in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Citycap wrote: »

Bloody hell, is Tallaght out in the sticks now?!! Id hate to think where I live in Naas so... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

djimi wrote: »
    Bloody hell, is Tallaght out in the sticks now?!! Id hate to think where I live in Naas so... :pac:
    In a different town, in a different county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Citycap wrote: »
    Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, Harolds Cross are all convenient for buses to Tallaght and at the same time handy for a run to the city centre.
    The Luas Red Line goes to Tallaght but a lot of skangers frequent it.

The sticks, seriously?

What part of Belgard road? Is it the cookstown estate or towards the blessington road?
    There is a luas stop at Belgard which would be handy for Cookstown Estate other ends might involve a longer trip to the Tallaght Luas stop or a walk/bus to other say Newlands Cross end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I worked in Belgard and commuted on Luas from Kilmainham daily, was great. Kilmainham is a 20 minute walk to the city centre and a 30 minute Luas trip to Belgard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xDer

Cookstown estate, right near to the LUAS red line stop! For the rental budget I would say like 650 - 700 euros p/ month at max.
    Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, Harolds Cross are all convenient for buses to Tallaght

Are buses reliable? I mean in the morning how much time does it take to Belgard in Cookstown Estate? How frequent are these buses ?

Thank you :)

Advertisement