Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jQuery Mobile

• 14-07-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Starting to mess about a fair bit with this, one thing i'm wondering how do you create a seperate mobile version of a site so say you have

www.mydomain.com

You want a desktop version,
    tablet version-- all done with html

and then the jquery mobile version which uses data-roles and such?

Am i missing the point completely with this or is it something rather simple?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You basically develop two sites & put the mobile site in a subdirectory.

The structure of jQuery mobile is too different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

what would i put in the media query to have it change to the mobile version?

In general, or for jQuery mobile?

Just for jquery mobile. I have the responsive designs sorted. Just haven't used jQuery enough to figure it out.

I dont get you, you have a site made that uniformly scales down to mobile? Why do you need jQuery mobile? jQuery mobile isnt a responsive solution.

• Advertisement

Oh It responds but i'm just messing about trying to make a jquery mobile version instead of having a just mobile responsive site.

Oh It responds but i'm just messing about trying to make a jquery mobile version instead of having a just mobile responsive site.

so you want to direct people to the jQuery mobile site if they're on a mobile device? Try PHP or JS redirects

Advertisement