Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bodybuilding info

• 14-07-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi im 17 and ive been doing bodybuilding a year now ive seen great progress as ive started to bulk up and my shoulders and back espically have.. i only bench 50kg and use 12.5 for arms for my protein i have 4 eggs a half hour before i workout and i want to no if i am better to bulk up this way or to take some protein shakes ... would they help much or is it better to do it my own way ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

hi im 17 and ive been doing bodybuilding a year now ive seen great progress as ive started to bulk up and my shoulders and back espically have.. i only bench 50kg and use 12.5 for arms for my protein i have 4 eggs a half hour before i workout and i want to no if i am better to bulk up this way or to take some protein shakes ... would they help much or is it better to do it my own way ..

4 eggs is around 25-30g of protein.
    Whats the rest of your diet. how tall are you and how much do you weigh.

Aim for around 1 lb of protein a day for every lb you weigh.
    get your protein from eggs, chicken, beef, tuna and milk and eat lots of veg.

If you are bulking you you need to eat a lot! A hell of a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aaronmcnulty

in height im 5,11 and weight is 10.5 stone.. i have started to eat very well now its mostly eggs i eat and tuna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

in height im 5,11 and weight is 10.5 stone.. i have started to eat very well now its mostly eggs i eat and tuna

put that into into a calorie calculator and it will tell you the calories you need to put on weight.
    Try to get around 100-150g of protein a day.

eg, 1 egg is about 7g.
    1 chicken breast is 20-30g
    tin of tuna 30g of protein.
    Pint of milk 20g protein.

here is some more info http://stronglifts.com/build-muscle-on-a-budget-the-10-cheapest-sources-of-protein/

Also eat plenty of good carbs on workout days ie lots of coulorfull veg,
    and use real butter and olive oil to cook with or as a dressing because youll need a decent amount of good fats too.

thanks thats good advice its what i needed to no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Protein shakes are a handy way to supplement your protein intake. They don't replace a good diet though. Steak and eggs are a lot tastier than any shake.

• Advertisement

thank you hahaha i love that video :)

Advertisement