Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More spots since the heat wave?

• 14-07-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I've got loads of spots across my chest since this heatwave started.

Here's what I've been doing:

Wearing sun cream all over, because I'm wearing lots of cotton shorts / tees / vests during the day.

No make up, just BB creme as normal.

Some sunbathing in the garden in bikinis - but not tanning or burning because I'm using a high factor - I'm fine with not tanning btw, I just want to get the fresh air to my skin and I love the feel of sun on skin.

I was wearing P20, ran out today and switched to amber soldier golden protect 30.

Had period last week, ovulating this week.

I'm 35!

Only wear cotton (apart from bras / bikinis), only use non bio, airing the house lots.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Is it prickly heat by any chance?

I myself suffer with acne, but since the hot weather came I am covered in little spots which are red, raised and itchy, its prickly heat. I have it every where, arms, legs, chest, back, face, underarms, hairline etc.

I use hydrocortisone cream which is a huge help. I apply it every night before bed and its really working as I don't have any itching with it. I don't use it on my face though, if a spot is itchy, I just rub it. I know I shouldn't touch my face much but it's hard not to when it's so itchy.

I got the hydrocortisone in Boots and it was €4.49 I think, it was the cheapest one, but the same as the other, more expensive brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My skin always gets way better in the sun. It's naturally quite oily (never really get bad spots though), so maybe it's drying it out.. Haven't had to wear foundation in days!

Could just be from sweat maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yip, Ive noticed this too, on my decollatage (is that what they call it?!); Ive stopped wearing jewellary in case that was irritating the skin in the heat but not sure. Find it odd tho, same sun cream Id always use, same shower gels etc
    I put Aqueus cream on tho to stop any irritation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yeah, sounds more like prickly heat than spots. It's caused by blocked sweat glands. There's not a whole lot you can do about it, tbh, other than making sure the sunblock you're using is non-comedogenic (as are any other creams/lotions you use) and apply a hyrdocortisone cream to the affected areas at night, as Toast said.

However, long-term use of HC creams can cause skin-thinning, so it's not really recommended to use them for more than 7 days in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I am finding the same but It is my forehead that is worst affected, my face is way more oily than usual. Yet another reason to dislike this weather. I don't even get a tan, just go an awful pinky colour :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

Hi I also suffer from prickly heat,my upper back,chest and arm really broke out sine the start of our heat wave.ive been to d doc twice I'm on telefast (prescribed antihistamine) which eased the itch a little bit but the rash was gettin worse I'm now on steriods for a week so far so good no rash no itch,I was also told not to use sun cream use an oil instead it doesn't clog the pores which I bought today....never use factor 50 the skin can't breath that's what blocks the sweat glands.

Just back with a little update, my prickly heat got a bit worse so today I was chatting to my beautician about it and she said she uses benpanthen nappy rash cream on it on her face, she never said about her body though.

So today I went into Boots and got the Benpanthen and tonight applied it to my legs and it seems to have a made a different already tbh. I only put it on an hour ago but the redness seems to have gone down and it doesn't seem to be as itchy.

Obviously I won't know for a few days how its working for me but so far it seems to be okay.

I paid about €4 for it, so its not expensive.

This is it: http://www.thehealthcounter.com/view/detail/91/

You can get a larger tube for about €8 I think. The cream is quite thick though so you only need a little bit and give it a while to absorb into the skin properly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just after realising I have this have had a mad rash break out on my face and arms and rarely get spots and had a google to see what it looks like. Gonna have to buy that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah, I suffer from extra spots. It's not prickly heat for me, it's just a result of the extra sweating. On my chest, around my hair line, in the creases around my nose, chin, behind the ears. Anywhere the body creases and greases! It can happen me in winter from sweating through working out too, it's just right now there's no escape from the sweating.

Another little update, since I've been using the Benpanthen, my prickly heat is almost cleared up.

It's gone from my back, and almost gone on my legs, neck and arms.

Just a little tip, as the cream is very thick, if you put the tube into a glass of warm/hot water for about five minutes, it makes it a bit more runny, it'll still be thick, but not as thick and it will spread easier and absorb quicker too
    BTW: I put the Benpanthen on my face for about two hours yesterday and then took it off with a microfiber cloth and any spots (acne, etc) that I had are almost gone too and my face is so soft, even a day later.

Seems this cream is a little gem! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I suffer from this prickly heat red spots too, mostly on my arms, legs and tummy, and i just take an anthehistimine (dreadful spelling) and that does the trick to make them less raised and itchy, also have a La Roche Posay calming cream, but i just find taking a tablet easier and more effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Wearing SPF clogs your skin up just as much as wearing make up, so cleanse, tone and moisturise your chest at night just the same as you would your face.

Advertisement